Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ACD system trouble shooting/issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ACD system trouble shooting/issue

Ok I have been searching for quite a while and maybe I am just missing the gleaming piece I need here.

But, so far I get the three lights, after driving for a bit, they are not on upon start. ok, nothing new there, and when I pull codes I get 82 and 83. Once again nothing new. But when I do diagnostics, I get 12v at the plug with the gas pedal test but the pump does not turn on. When I hardwire the pump to 12v it runs. So, I replaced it with another pump, just in case there was some fundamental issue I was not understanding. same problem still exists, now, totally possible I have a bad used replacement pump. So I am not going to sit here and claim its fool proof, but, I wanted to check with you folks. Is there something I am missing here? Sensor itself reads the same as all for the sensors I have laying around. I have pulled every single fuse that the car has and check it, I swapped the ACD relay just in case there was some kind of goofy issue, but that seems to not be the issue.

TL;DR. 3 lights on when driving not parked. testing: 12v at pump connector when i use pedal test, but pump doesnt turn on. When I feed pump 12v. It will run. now I am confused. help please.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 08:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 387 Likes on 332 Posts
try to fill the reservoir higher than the fill marker AFTER priming the ACD pump with the key/pedal. that what fixed mine. you might end up cleaning up the overflow later
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, the issue is i cant get the pump to turn on to prime. I can hard wire it, but the gas pedal version, it sends 12v, but the pump doesnt activate
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 387 Likes on 332 Posts
My apologies. I think I was responding to a different ACD thread
Old Aug 1, 2022, 01:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 738 Likes on 571 Posts
Originally Posted by Zer0_13
well, the issue is i cant get the pump to turn on to prime. I can hard wire it, but the gas pedal version, it sends 12v, but the pump doesnt activate
Try key on, and go full throttle, hold a few sec, off throttle, hold a few sec, repeat. The pump only runs to fill the accumulator, but pumping will cause the accumulator to push pressure to the ACD. Sound of the pump does not have anything to do with fluid pressure building.

Heres a terrible vid to show what I mean.

Old Aug 1, 2022, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I write this with best intentions, but are you sure that you're getting 12V at the pump via the throttle method? It shouldn't matter whether you hardwire 12V or supply 12V through the factory wiring - the pump doesn't know the difference. How are you measuring the 12V via the throttle method? Across two pins?

Can you take a data log and record if there are ACD solenoid valve activations and log the pump pressure?