Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

meeting with mitsu regional rep on weds.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FresnoEVO
http://www.mitsubishisucks.com/cars/...ncer/2003.html

search for TSB No: 0351003
Summary: carbon fiber spoiler appearance characteristics.

Scary how many TSB's there are already...
TSB's are just complains, but reoccuring complains... I think TSB complains can be reported by consumers...

But I know what your saying
Old Jul 12, 2004, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may help...... http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8124
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

This one is interesting:

2003 Mitsubishi LANCER EVOLUTION 03 - Windshield Defroster Defogger > VISIBILITY : DEFROSTER/DEFOGGER SYSTEM : WINDSHIELD : CONTROLS/WIRING [Part 138130 ]
TSB No: 0455003 NHTSA ID: , March 01, 2004 : Replacement:
Summary: heater temperature dial hard to turn. *tt

Has anyone had a dealer look at this TSB? Wonder what kind of 'replacement' they do
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 1QWKEVO
TSB's are just complains, but reoccuring complains... I think TSB complains can be reported by consumers...

But I know what your saying
I dont mean to sound condesending but TSB's are not complaints,they are repair
information on certain defects found with the automobile after car is produced and sold.People come to the dealer with the same issues/problems(yes complaints) and finally when enough of the vehicles have similar problems then a "TSB" is issued after a "fix" is made for said "problem" or they just tell you that it is a "normal characteristic" of said vehicle,as in the case of this spoiler issue as i am holding the tsb in my hand as I type.I can e-mail a copy to someone to post as I
cant even get a scanned timeslip to be small enough to post(lol).
Old Jul 13, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

The TSB for the wing dictates that there will be small irregularities in the cf in the wing because it is hand laid piece. Almost every Evo wing I have seen has some small defects to it...ie small white round spots in the clearcoat, ripples in the cf, variations in the resin thickness.

I highly doubt that they will replace your wing for you.

SC~
Old Jul 13, 2004, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

i believe i read it somewhere it is normal for the carbon fiber to have minor imperfections on the spoiler.... it may even be in the manual
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Secret Chimp
The TSB for the wing dictates that there will be small irregularities in the cf in the wing because it is hand laid piece. Almost every Evo wing I have seen has some small defects to it...ie small white round spots in the clearcoat, ripples in the cf, variations in the resin thickness.

I highly doubt that they will replace your wing for you.

SC~
this is not irregularities... these are spots that keep getting worse. i cant even see the carbon in these spots. they range from 1 inch to 1.5 inches diameter. 1st there was one, now there is 4 of these spots and its getting worse. i know what carbo irregularites are, i have a rear carbon trunk and hood. they have minor imperfections but i feel it adds character and shows its real and not some knock-off. they better fix it. im glad they actually were not lieing about the wing cost, maybe im being too parranoid that they are ganna stick it to me again.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=EVOnoir]well, my rear spoiler has some messed up spots on the clear coat on the carbo fiber and i took my car in to have it warranteed. the regional rep. () wants to personally see and inspect it on Weds. i think hes ganna be a ***** and deny me because i put up a huge fight when they denied my clutch warrantee at 4,000 miles. i need to know a few things before i go in there:

2. well, i cant think of anything else let me know of anything im ganna need to ***** about.

Take a look at this:
http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...60287&mime=ASC

PS: we have enough Evo owners and enthusiasts here to have some sort of group representation when it comes to dealing with warranty issues. There is strength in numbers. I just wish I could think of a practical way to have Evo owners possibly pay a small monthly fee for group legal representation.