Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Forge MBC installation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your boost levels should not change much from stock, but it will probably spike quicker and taper slower. Get it tuned ASAP.

EDIT: Sorry you have an IX I was referring to VIII settings.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know you shouldnt turn it up without a proper tune but is possible to turn it to like 2 psi without a tune without damage?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

while disconnecting vac. hoses. does this mean the wastegate solenoid is useless while using a mbc. now wouldnt you throw cel's?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Question for all:

After my forge mbc install last night, i turn it all the way down. I make my first run and it shoots all the way past 25 psi... No idea what the heck is going on. Any ideas? Is my MBC just not working or what possibly should i check for when going over my install? (could the two vacuume lines have been reversed by chance to cause this?)
Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

When you "turned it all the way down" do you mean you actually turned it clockwise, like you were fastening a bolt? I don't have mine anymore, but IIRC, that would be increasing boost.
Your vacuum lines should be:
Turbo housing nipple to port on the bottom of MBC, port on side of MBC to wastegate nipple.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

I turned it counter clockwise or in the direction of the - sign. My buddy connected the lines to the mbc which he "swore" were connected correctly. I am going to reverse the lines first to see if that takes care of it. It is really strange that the boost does not seem to stop at all... I will try the lines reversed and post how that works.

Originally Posted by hokiruu
When you "turned it all the way down" do you mean you actually turned it clockwise, like you were fastening a bolt? I don't have mine anymore, but IIRC, that would be increasing boost.
Your vacuum lines should be:
Turbo housing nipple to port on the bottom of MBC, port on side of MBC to wastegate nipple.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

i just reversed the lines and there was no change... it still wanted to boost to the moon... Any ideas?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Where are the vacuum lines routed to? You used new lines, eliminating the tee fitting and boost pill, and bypassed the stock boost solenoid?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

The boost solinoid is capped, i have one vac line going from the wastegate and oen from the nipple under the turbo that go directly to the mbc. I tried reversing the vac lines, still no difference... I am thinking it is the mbc that may be jacked. I am goign to swap it with a buddy's to see if that does the trick..
Old Jul 22, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff1121
The boost solinoid is capped, i have one vac line going from the wastegate and oen from the nipple under the turbo that go directly to the mbc. I tried reversing the vac lines, still no difference... I am thinking it is the mbc that may be jacked. I am goign to swap it with a buddy's to see if that does the trick..
i have not done a mbc yet but if im reading what you said right, you have your connections coming from the compressor housing and the WGA?

again if im reading it all right you are suppose to splice into the line that connects the IM to DV for one connection and connect dirrectly to the WGA nipple for the other connection.

here is a link to a picture i refered too
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...2&d=1199482849

Last edited by evascst; Jul 22, 2008 at 06:55 AM. Reason: spelling :)
Old Aug 23, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evascst
i have not done a mbc yet but if im reading what you said right, you have your connections coming from the compressor housing and the WGA?

again if im reading it all right you are suppose to splice into the line that connects the IM to DV for one connection and connect dirrectly to the WGA nipple for the other connection.

here is a link to a picture i refered too
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...2&d=1199482849

First - Your attached image is the perfect solution.

Now, i just received my Buschur inline MBC last week and i fixed it like how the thread said it. I removed the lines from the Solenoid, WGA and compressor housing. Simple enuf!

Next I connected two lines, one from the WGA to the MBC out and from the turbine housing to the MBC in. after that i wanted to see how it does and it shot all the way to 25 - 30 psi!!!

The same time when i finished gettin my MBC done, my friend came over and then we were fixin his MBC.. same thing happened!!

I have no freakin clue what was wrong. Next thing, i got info on EvoM and then capped the turbine nipple and hooked the TEE up and let one line go to the BOV and the other to the MBC. Tried this on my friends car and worked great. The MBC that we put in his car was the FORGE and completely turning it to the (-) minus and doing a pull till the RED line in 3rd gear and boost was spiking to 21, holds at 19 and then tapers down..

Im guessing this is perfectly done. Next was my car but i just cant find another Tee..

So, please every one else whoz done it the way I did it first.. ?? I fail to understand the difference...

Anyone?