Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Oil Temperature Sending Unit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2003, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Oil Temperature Sending Unit

I'm attempting to install some aftermarket gauges in the Evo, and I'm stuck (I've searched the site and can't find any help). I have an Autometer electrical oil temp gauge, with the sending unit. The kit has 3 different sized brass fittings that hold the sending unit. I'm not sure what to do. Where can this be installed? Does anyone know if any of the fittings could be used in the oil drain plug, or where exactly??? I'd like to avoid drilling if possible. Thanks for any assistance.

Evo2003.5
Old Nov 26, 2003, 07:56 PM
In Timeout

Hrm...I had instructions for a Defi Oil temp in my hand and I believe it goes inbetween the oil filter with an adapter
Old Nov 26, 2003, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Yes my oil temp guage was a factory installed option and the sending unit is the drain plug on the oil pan now so yes it can be used there and it works well. The only thing is just be sure that it seals up nicly because some sending units come with the same style of seal that a sparkplug has. Once it is crushed down it doesn't seal as well on the next try and so on. I hope this helps.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Oil Temperature Sending Unit

Originally posted by Evo2003.5
I'm attempting to install some aftermarket gauges in the Evo, and I'm stuck (I've searched the site and can't find any help). I have an Autometer electrical oil temp gauge, with the sending unit. The kit has 3 different sized brass fittings that hold the sending unit. I'm not sure what to do. Where can this be installed? Does anyone know if any of the fittings could be used in the oil drain plug, or where exactly??? I'd like to avoid drilling if possible. Thanks for any assistance.

Evo2003.5
Hopefully this is the same as a VII

Right above the oil filter, there is a 1/4 hex bung .. it does jacksh*t .. take out that bolt and put the temp/press sensor there .. think there's a pict in one of the how to threads