Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: install full Auto A/C climate control

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You crazy OP! I'm sure it will look nice after though, just not worth all the work IMO
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:39 PM

I would like to add that in the US it is very illegal to open up those refrigerant lines and release the refrigerant into the atmosphere. Any shop that does A/C service can recover that refrigerant for you so you also don't have to dangerously expose yourself to R134a. Then don't forget to have it professionally charged again when your done or you will have no functioning air conditioning.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LeXcite
Just want to clarifiy smth to all of them, not only for pm senders.

1. JDM blower and heater assemblys do not working with our LHD cars, and there is no way to make it possible, because they are using mirrored body

2. We have many cars here in Russia with matched climate control parts.
For example. Servos is the same from the followind LHD models Lancer, Outlander, Lancer cedia. A/C ECU is almost the same - Lancer, Outlander, Lancer Cedia, Pajero III ... But heater assembly and blower assembly should be from the same body model only. Lancer EVO IX EDM, Lancer IX LHD with AutoA/C, Lancer Cedia LHD with AutoA/C. Harness and plugs you can use from ANY vehicle listed above ...
We have here $100-$500 for FULL list of parts. Generally our small brothers here in Russia loves this conversion, i've seen many of them is doing this. Our EVO owners is more HP/Weight/exterior related mod lover )))
You have the ability to source parts in your area, but do you have any suggestions or any way to assist people who are in the states looking for parts from the LHD Auto A/C models you listed above?
Old May 3, 2015, 09:14 AM

convert my a/c to auto

Hello, i have 2006 mitsubishi lancer 4g18 and i want to convert my a/c from manual to auto , so what if i buy Used auto full a/c from a half .... Can i installing it without problems ? Thank you
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:39 AM

Hey guys, I've finished instal auto climate control and Mitsubishi Multi Communication System, but there is one problem with the screen cuase i take it and climate from Japanese car , it show some words by Japanese language and my friend told me it say, (PLEASE PUT ORIGINAL DISK OF MMCS) ... So any body have an idea about that ??! Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2015, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
do you have a wiring diagram for what you did? is your car RHD or LHD?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:20 AM

My car LHD, i have some of climate control wiring diagram, i will try to send it here, and also i need to know how can i find the MMCS dvd for activation, also i need to know all parts i need for convert my 2006 lancer 4g18 to ralliart 4g69.....
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:28 AM

This is all climate control wiring diagrams

Old Jun 26, 2015, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Another question - for the control motors for the airbox, did you use ones from a LHD or RHD car?

I've got a wiring diagram mostly figured out for the actual connectors, much of my project is now sitting down and ripping into my car. Summer should be a good time to do that since I can ride the bike most of the time
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:59 PM

Demon ,,,, the motors are same , i got it from RHD airbox, but you have to make some modifications to instal it, now i want ask you something when i turned on the car i feel the relay of blower, electric windows and fuel bumb very hot !! Is it normal ? Or there is something wrong
Old Jun 28, 2015, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure

Good to know though as all the stuff I have is from a RHD car
Old Jul 4, 2015, 05:16 AM

Hello, how can i install and wire lights switch with auto function cause i already installed the light sensor with the auto climate control ... Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the great post LeXcite

I am currently converting my JDM RS Evo7 to a full auto system, I am just missing a few info for the install.

Please can you show how you connect below sensor and the location to mount them?

Outside temp sensor, this is in the engine bay? How to connect from dash and mount in engine bay?
Inside temp sensor, where to mount it on dash, and how it that connected to the heat exchange box?
Sunlight sensor?

Picture of these would be appreciated.

Finally any place that sell these and ship internationally?

Many thanks for all the help~!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Outside temp sensor is in engine bay. You need to run wires for it
Inside temp sensor is up to you where to mount it
Sunlight sensor goes on the dash windshield vent right in the middle
Old Oct 25, 2015, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

How did you guys wire the blower motor? The standard US motor (manual AC controls) has a two-pin plug and the controls regulate how fast the blower is spinning

The Auto Climate Controls have a 6-pin plug and I'm stuck on figuring out what wires go to this plug

Help appreciated!

Quick Reply: HOW TO: install full Auto A/C climate control