Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC

This is alot easier than you would think. All you need is some decent tin snips and a dremel tool. I would start the cut with the tin snips then cut the rest with the dremel. It's really simple to cut since the part that you will cut out is outlined with a plastic lip (circled in blue). The only thing that you need to determine is how far back to cut it to clear the IC. I decided to cut it right at the line where the center mounting point lines up (circled in red). I drew a line across the undertray with the access panel still in place and then i removed the access panel and cut both pieces off of the undertray. I decided not to cut the mounting points off of the front of the undertray because I plan on making a cover to fit in this location to close off the undertray completely. If you want to do this just cut around the tabs on each side (circled in green). Everything outlined in red is where you will be cutting. Now you can move on to cutting the access panel.
Attached Thumbnails How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-1.jpg   How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-101-0147_img.jpg   How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-2.jpg   How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-3.jpg  

Last edited by bpclements; Aug 27, 2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Since you already drew a line across the access panel before you started cutting all you need to do now is cut off the uneeded piece.
Attached Thumbnails How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-4.jpg   How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-101-0153_img.jpg  
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

When you are all done it should look like this.
Attached Thumbnails How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-101-0155_img.jpg   How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-101-0156_img.jpg   How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-101-0157_img.jpg   How to cut your undertray to fit your Hyperflow FMIC-100-0001_img.jpg  

Last edited by bpclements; Aug 27, 2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

ALL Discussions Go Here!