Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Got Dish?...

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2005, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Got Dish?...

Ok... ive been looking and its seems no one on here is.. into having a decent size lip on there rim..?...im sick and tired of seeing these decent sized 18x8 ...civic fittaments........mediocre sized rims.. where's the 19x9.5 & 19x10.. or even 19x10.5 rims? (edit..doh...i ment 18)lets take advantage of the offset and wheel width that out cars can handle....... streched tire...... sick dish 3"+..... am i the only one on here that would like to see evos like this?...

you ask why ?... i know ..i know.. "well whats the point in that"..."doesn't make your car any faster"... after all this is a "show n shine" right.. well help me out.. i'd really like to see picture's of inspiration im looking foward to purchasing wheels like this but it seems that theres no one who's actually tried this on here?... i wanna see a dish that makes other owners cream in there pants w/ jelousy and envy...b/c there car would never be able to hold an agressive offset and deep dish in there wildist dreams w/o a wide body kit...

thanks in advance.. i just really want to get the people together who have an agressive offset so i can see what our cars look like w/ these rims.. so let the showoff begin!!!

Last edited by AznraceR; May 12, 2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old May 12, 2005, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

problem most people have is that a 19x10 is going to be heavier than a 18x8 or 17x8. As far as lips go, there isn't too much room to be able to A) clear the brembo's and B) tuck in the fender. It would "look" badass.. but hard to make it function.
Old May 12, 2005, 02:20 AM

well i was looking at volks so there goes the weight issue....

w/ the Gtc.. face1 18x9 f +30(no prob.. clearing brembos) R mid type +31 this would give 2 1/2 .... and about 3" lip in rear.. while keeping general size the same..just diff offsets...

so there you have it function + fit while looking badass.. ive done some hw so i know it can be done...
Old May 12, 2005, 05:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Something along these lines?

Most people don't do a staggered offset so they can rotate their tires, but my wheels are 18x9, 40mm offset, still has a nice deep look, but the wheel itself is a perfect fit. In reality you don't have much room to clear the splash liners up front, and lower control arms in the rear to go much wider without rolling the lip on the fenders and making other minor clearance mods.

The big issue is there aren't a large selection of wheels designed for performance, only appearance, and for some reason, most people seem to love the FWD offset looking wheels lately, so you don't see much that looks/fits like a RWD wheel. You can have something custom made, but almost everything in a 19" is going to be very heavy.. the wheels I have weigh about the same as stock, and the wheel/tire combo weighed about 1 pound more than stock.
Old May 12, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by AznraceR
Ok... ive been looking and its seems no one on here is.. into having a decent size lip on there rim..?...im sick and tired of seeing these decent sized 18x8 ...civic fittaments........mediocre sized rims.. where's the 19x9.5 & 19x10.. or even 19x10.5 rims? lets take advantage of the offset and wheel width that out cars can handle....... streched tire...... sick dish 3"+..... am i the only one on here that would like to see evos like this?...

you ask why ?... i know ..i know.. "well whats the point in that"..."doesn't make your car any faster"... after all this is a "show n shine" right.. well help me out.. i'd really like to see picture's of inspiration im looking foward to purchasing wheels like this but it seems that theres no one who's actually tried this on here?... i wanna see a dish that makes other owners cream in there pants w/ jelousy and envy...b/c there car would never be able to hold an agressive offset and deep dish in there wildist dreams w/o a wide body kit...

thanks in advance.. i just really want to get the people together who have an agressive offset so i can see what our cars look like w/ these rims.. so let the showoff begin!!!
I agree with you 100% ....

I want to run a set of Volk Te37 Limiteds in 19x9.5 with a nice offset to give it a little lip ... but I was told they would rub even with the fendors rolled
Old May 12, 2005, 11:28 AM

deep dish is the only way to go... i love that look... fat lip rollin down the street.. HOTTNESS!!
Old May 12, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Something along these lines?

Too bad we didn't meet up a couple of weeks ago. Would have been nice to see this in person!
Old May 12, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

19s are gross on the Evo... and make me barf, that's why
Old May 12, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

no offense but the wheels above dont look good on the evo!! thats just my own opinion, they might look better in person but ill never know, sorry.

but anyway i was looking through the threads and saw this evo with volk sf-wining 19's peep the hot shiznit fool !!!

oh, and 17's look like shat. if you are gonna get rims you gatta go atleast 1 inch bigger than stock, if not just keep the ones you got!!
Attached Thumbnails Got Dish?...-sf-wining-volks.jpg  
Old May 12, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

there are alot of nice looking wheels in the 19" wheel thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=136241
Old May 12, 2005, 03:58 PM

Arrow

sorry bout that guess i was up to late... dont know what i was thinking ha... i ment 18x9.5 +... well thanks for the feedback guys.. keep those pix commin...

Last edited by AznraceR; May 12, 2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old May 12, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

dish is good
Old May 12, 2005, 04:06 PM

Nice!!!..... bby66
Old May 12, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznraceR
sorry bout that guess i was up to late... dont know what i was thinking ha... i ment 18x9.5 +... well thanks for the feedback guys.. keep those pix commin...

So is it really true you cant fit a 19x9,5 on a Evo ? ??????

Even if you roll the fenders ???
Old May 12, 2005, 04:11 PM

it's possible to fit a 19x9.5.. just a little to big for me.. actually bby66 posted an awsome pic of 19's .. the VR sf winnings... which i'd like to see more of btw...

Quick Reply: Got Dish?...