Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Dealer Environmental/Paint & Fabric Protection ??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2006, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Environmental/Paint & Fabric Protection ??

Dealer said that there is no wax required if I add the environmental package or otherwise known as paint & fabric protection, is this true? What type of sealant is placed on the vehicle?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

It's called dealer rip-off/BS, there's no such thing and they trick people all the time with it
Old Jan 22, 2006, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think I would trust it, although I don't know anything about this offer. I have a friend with a Celica who said she didn't have to wax her car either because of the special paint job that Toyota did, now she has fading and peel where you would expect to get the most wind hitting her car; the top of the hood scoop, the middle of the roof right above her windshield, her sunroof glass, the top of her spoiler and the tops of her side view mirrors. Her car is only a few years old. I would just stick with waxing my car. I love waxing my car anyway, and it keeps me in control of my paint's condition rather than trusting that my paint can go for years without waxing and stay looking good because the dealership says so.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

It's all a rip off IMO. They tried getting me to pay for it too. Supposedly they put a teflon coating on the paint and banoyl on the seats to help it resist stains. If there is anything true about it i got it for free since all of the cars (Evos) supposedly had it already on from them and i didn't want it. Don't pay for it.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to steal those protection packages from work all the time, they work nice but Im not sure that its worth hundreds of dollars.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:22 AM

If the sealant has not been put on the car yet ask them if you can watch them apply it. Then sit back and watch them squirm..
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:35 AM

We apply these at my work for time to time and it is an absolute rip off. We use "The Protector", a teflon product. The job costs $200+ , the product costs us under $45 per car.

As a professional painter of over 13 years I will honestly tell you the most important thing you can do for your paint is KEEP IT CLEAN at all times and simply apply a nice wax or polymer sealer every 4-6 months.

If you really want a premium paint protectant/wax look into Zano. No product will ever protect you from extreme sun exposure/damage, don't buy into that theory.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

im also a painter this paint protection is just a wax based product... tell them no and keep your car waxed with a good wax like meguiars and you will never have a problem!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

of course i didn't pay for it i was just wondering what chemicals they used