Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

EVO IX JDM rear bumper impact brace

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Rear brace is there for reasons, it may be a 5mph protection but 5mph is pretty big deal with 3K lbs behind it. The thought of not running one would result in a insurance company dening a claim as where at least there was one there for protection.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 04:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Anybody know if Brian is still in business? I'll send him an email today for one of these...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215
Anybody know if Brian is still in business? I'll send him an email today for one of these...
I’d like to know as well, let us know what he says.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I just spoke to Brian, he is making another run of these. They will be 400.00 plus shipping.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by GSX_TO_EVO
I just spoke to Brian, he is making another run of these. They will be 400.00 plus shipping.
Awesome! I hope he responds to my email soon as i'd really like to place an order for one of these. I really like the idea of being able to attach the bottom of the jdm rear to the rear chassis.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
This is a great piece! I've had one on my car for almost 5 years now and its holding up well. The bottom shroud he includes with it is a nice touch to stop the bottom bumper from parachuting.

Oh and almost forgot to mention...probably about a year ago I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and I was bumped by a guy in a 1/2 ton pickup. I was barely moving i.e under 5mph and thankfully was in neutral at the time so the impact wasnt very hard but lurched me forward. The guys truck left a tiny mark in my bumper cover from his license plate screw and if you look closely you can see the cover made contact with the bumper beam as there are very subtle imperfections on the corners now; you'd have to look for it to see it.

But the point to my story is that the beam saved my *** and eva's for that matter best rear bumper beam on the market IMO and saves something like 8# which is on the rear so meh but still.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I ordered one from him last year and has been on my car since February. Fitment is spot on. I was not aware of this thread so I found him through this link.

http://www.afterhoursautomotive.com/...r%20brace.html
Old Oct 5, 2017, 02:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by heel2toe
This is a great piece! I've had one on my car for almost 5 years now and its holding up well. The bottom shroud he includes with it is a nice touch to stop the bottom bumper from parachuting.

Oh and almost forgot to mention...probably about a year ago I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and I was bumped by a guy in a 1/2 ton pickup. I was barely moving i.e under 5mph and thankfully was in neutral at the time so the impact wasnt very hard but lurched me forward. The guys truck left a tiny mark in my bumper cover from his license plate screw and if you look closely you can see the cover made contact with the bumper beam as there are very subtle imperfections on the corners now; you'd have to look for it to see it.

But the point to my story is that the beam saved my *** and eva's for that matter best rear bumper beam on the market IMO and saves something like 8# which is on the rear so meh but still.
Originally Posted by Astro_Train
I ordered one from him last year and has been on my car since February. Fitment is spot on. I was not aware of this thread so I found him through this link.

http://www.afterhoursautomotive.com/...r%20brace.html

Very good to know, I think i'll take it! I gave him a call and he said that there has been an influx of orders lately and that they should be done by the end of the month. Seems like a polite and professional individual. Glad to know someone out there has addressed the parachuting issue of the jdm rears.