Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Before The IX Becomes "JDM"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2009, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your going to have a ball at all of the JDM goodness within arms reach. Autobac, up garage. You luck bastard. Military pays for your car shipment too huh?
Old Mar 7, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spish
I lived at Misawa AB, Japan for 5 years and recently came back to the states, I can honestly say that you are better off getting JDM parts in the states. The US dollar is not what it used to be and everything is much more expensive in Japan. There are rare occasions you will find some used parts for great prices but everyone else has the same idea so if you see something you might want you better go ahead and get it. I'm guessing you are Air Force since all the Marines left? GL
That's the first time I've heard of that. If worse comes to worse, I'll just order the parts from the States. And no, I am a Marine.

Originally Posted by l EVO n
what type of gauges are those?
Defi BF Imperial in White. Also getting the White "Evolution" Cluster.

Originally Posted by Tnnrx7
Okay so basically you need to hook all of us up here on EvoM with JDM parts at Japan prices

Originally Posted by TcJayLee
your going to have a ball at all of the JDM goodness within arms reach. Autobac, up garage. You luck bastard. Military pays for your car shipment too huh?
They'll ship the car back; I have to pay for the shipping there.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, about the pin-stripe. I was told that the dealership the car was originally from does that to all their cars as a "trademark". I honestly did not notice the pin-stipe until a couple of weeks after I bought the car.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Have fun...! I wonder if the banana lady still does her thing over there near whisper alley...? And when you buy stuff make sure its the real deal. You'll find out real soon how much bootleg stuff is for sale...
Old Mar 7, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

gluck.. looks good tho
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by o-townFLA
Have fun...! I wonder if the banana lady still does her thing over there near whisper alley...? And when you buy stuff make sure its the real deal. You'll find out real soon how much bootleg stuff is for sale...
Yea, I've heard of her. From what I've heard, she's still there. I've also heard stories from the "Dart Lady" (use your imagination) .
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Nice clean MR you got there. I'm the one thats excited for you lol. I visited Tokyo last year and headed straight for autobacs. I was taking pics of almost everything I saw, the people there thought i was nuts
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:47 AM

Niiiice haha i thought the title meant you had JDM parts lol but sounds like it will soon...lucky!!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02
That's the first time I've heard of that. If worse comes to worse, I'll just order the parts from the States. And no, I am a Marine.
Oh, I thought all the Marine's had gone to Guam? I used to live in Oki back in the day too, my Pops was a Marine stationed at Camp Hanson. You still will be able to find parts but you pretty much have to order a lot of stuff, I got a lot of my part from Japanese Yahoo auctions, basically Japanese ebay, you just have to know someone with and account, the local tuner shops will speak english and they can usually throw a bid on it for you. Here is a link to Japanese yahoo auctions http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/...a&auccat=26318

Check the local junk yards, all the GI's will be checking them regularly so you'll have to be quick. I think my best find was a set of Recaro's out of a Evo 3, the guy said someone had left to get money and was paying 120 bux, I offered 150 and he told me to hurry up, that the guy would be back soon. GL though!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

^^^^lol...hustler... money talks!!! even in japanese...
Old Mar 8, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spish
Oh, I thought all the Marine's had gone to Guam? I used to live in Oki back in the day too, my Pops was a Marine stationed at Camp Hanson. You still will be able to find parts but you pretty much have to order a lot of stuff, I got a lot of my part from Japanese Yahoo auctions, basically Japanese ebay, you just have to know someone with and account, the local tuner shops will speak english and they can usually throw a bid on it for you. Here is a link to Japanese yahoo auctions http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/...a&auccat=26318

Check the local junk yards, all the GI's will be checking them regularly so you'll have to be quick. I think my best find was a set of Recaro's out of a Evo 3, the guy said someone had left to get money and was paying 120 bux, I offered 150 and he told me to hurry up, that the guy would be back soon. GL though!

They've been saying we are going to Guam for quite a while. If that does happen, it won't happen for a couple of years. Thanks for the heads up and the link too.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02
They've been saying we are going to Guam for quite a while. If that does happen, it won't happen for a couple of years. Thanks for the heads up and the link too.
No problem, I got alot of my parts for my 00 civic si from Jap yahoo auctions when I was at Misawa. GL, and keep us posted on your progress.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

To make a long and frustrating story short, I wasn't able to bring the Evo IX here to Japan. It's alright because I'm getting an Evo IV or V while I'm out here. I took a look at some today and I was amazed. I'm also keeping the IX, it's in storage right now.

I added a few parts right before I left. Also took some pics.

New Mods: JDM Rear Bumper, CF SE Lip, Custom "Evolution" White Gauge Cluster.

I think this picture has some potential, especially since that cop car is in the back. I'll try to see if I can photoshop it.

I'll keep you guys updated on the "new" old Evo.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

I like everything you have done with the car but the pinstripe has to go.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

The car came with the pinstripe from the dealer. I honestly don't mind it. I usually don't even notice it's there...

Quick Reply: Before The IX Becomes "JDM"