Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Before The IX Becomes "JDM"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spish
I'm guessing you are Air Force since all the Marines left? GL
There are still plenty of Marines still in Okinawa. They'll never leave. I was stationed there back in late 02 til late 03. You have and extra $16K lying around? I'm jealous.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigben
There are still plenty of Marines still in Okinawa. They'll never leave. I was stationed there back in late 02 til late 03. You have and extra $16K lying around? I'm jealous.
Yeah, I talked to a few friends that were stationed in Beaufort SC and they were saying the same thing. I used to like there when my Pops was active duty USMC, but that was back in the 90's. Good times.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JaPAn!!! Cool, Hey, Wouldnt make more sense to just sell your Evo and buy one out there that is already JDM'd out plus ride side drive bro!!! Thats what I would do.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

rich guy...
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

thats pretty sweet that your going out there, gosh first thing i would do BUY AN R34 i would take an R34 over almost any car out there. i would even sell my evo here to own an R34 there,
speaking of sorry this is offtopic but it was the coolest thing ever,
the other day out here in Arizona i was getting on the freeway and i look in the rear view and OMG gun metal grey R34 i slow down got next to him (the whole time i was freaking out) and the guy waved then i had to exit to get to the hiking area i was going to. IT was so awesome
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gothp?
ur @ Kadena AFB? im over here @ Camp Shields.i work @ Kadena too.we have a project goin on by the side of the airstrip...i heard theres a buncha stuff u can buy from the autobacs here but i havent really checked it out yet.just hoping they have sum JDM stuff for the evo.hit me up brotha.
Yea I'm at Kadena AFB. I live down in Okinawa City though...down the street from one of the Autobacs too.

The Autobacs here kinda suck...they're more like Autozone than anything else. Sure they sell SOME cool things like Defi gauges, turbo-timers...but not much really. When everyone thinks of Autobacs, they think of the SUPER Autobacs on mainland...THOSE are a tuner's dream. But not on Okinawa though.

From my experience here (so far) Okinawa is Nissan/Toyota land. You can find parts for those cars like it's going out of style.

Driving a Honda here has its plus and minus points. Very hard to get parts for it...but it definitely stands out from all the damn Nissans and Toyotas though. I still wish I could have brought the IX though.

Originally Posted by -Evo Aaron-
thats pretty sweet that your going out there, gosh first thing i would do BUY AN R34 i would take an R34 over almost any car out there. i would even sell my evo here to own an R34 there,
speaking of sorry this is offtopic but it was the coolest thing ever,
the other day out here in Arizona i was getting on the freeway and i look in the rear view and OMG gun metal grey R34 i slow down got next to him (the whole time i was freaking out) and the guy waved then i had to exit to get to the hiking area i was going to. IT was so awesome
An R34 here is the regular Skyline R34...I'm guessing you were referring to the GTR-R34, those are incredibly expensive here too.

The thread below is a GTR-R34 from UMS Tuning in AZ:
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93968

Last edited by Lgkaos; Apr 13, 2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

Thats sick man live it up there for me
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

You'll have a blast there man, just got back from there a week ago. I was deployed out there for 3 months. and yea the autobacs does suck. I'm from Los angeles and the autobacs there is so much tailored to the american jdm enthusiats. they had all the parts downstairs. turbos, intercoolers right off the shelf if you wanted it get it, and even an upstairs with car models, toys, books, apparel and such. i went to the autobacs there in okinawa and it sucked. i even went to the super autobacs in yokohama and that sucked as well, though they did have a small section of ralliart stuff, mostly keychains and minor interior cosmetics. hope you have fun out there! i'll be back out in sep!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

So did you sell it or is it in storage?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

oh man nice car mang, those japanese guys will prolly flip seeing a evo with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side, prolly going to say something as well like "eh-voe nine-aaahh, no eyyche-kayy-esss-aaa partooo"
Old Apr 14, 2009, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sikwititevo9
what kind of gauges do you have? and how did you change your cluster lights to white instead of dstock red?
Defi BF Imperial In white. I bought the cluster from a guy off of eBay. PM me if you want his contact info.

Originally Posted by 596736
I'm sorry that you weren't able to bring it over. So its going to be in storage for 2 years? GL with everything in Japan. As someone said above you would've been the **** with LHD.
Yup, 2 years and the Evo will be in storage for 2 years

Originally Posted by TyeVO
hey what exhaust are you running? also you might invest in a decent radar detector cobra is **** I have had 3-4 they warn you but warn you too late half the time but its better than none
GReddy Competition Ti-C. I already have a Radar Detector and it's a Cobra aswell.

Originally Posted by gothp?
ur @ Kadena AFB? im over here @ Camp Shields.i work @ Kadena too.we have a project goin on by the side of the airstrip...i heard theres a buncha stuff u can buy from the autobacs here but i havent really checked it out yet.just hoping they have sum JDM stuff for the evo.hit me up brotha.
I'm at Camp Courtney. I went to Autobacs a couple of days ago and I can honestly say: I'm disappointed.

Originally Posted by lemacfar
You live in coconut creek? Do you have a cousin who had a white VIII w/ TE37's?? Like real fast?

I used to see you pass by my parents Dunkin' Donuts every week
Yea, I stayed at Creek on leave. I live in North Lauderdale though. Was I doing anything stupid?

So I guess you're in Oki now? Is you car there yet?

Yea, Motivating Camp Courtney. No, the IX will be in the States while I'm out here.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lgkaos
An R34 here is the regular Skyline R34...I'm guessing you were referring to the GTR-R34, those are incredibly expensive here too.

The thread below is a GTR-R34 from UMS Tuning in AZ:
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93968
Skylines are overrated and after seeing about 10,000 of the base model Skylines, you'll get sick of them regardless if it's a GTR, GTS or GT.

Besides, Evo V FTW!

Originally Posted by EVILBLOODBROTHA
Thats sick man live it up there for me
Will do!

So did you sell it or is it in storage?
In Storage! I WILL NEVER SELL MY EVO IX!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Like I tell anyone here that mentions they want a Skyline...go GTR or don't bother.
R32 and R33 GTRs are cool but for me the REAL head-turners are the R34 & new R35 GTRs.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

I was wondering when you went off too.. I see now
Old Apr 14, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stryfetew
I was wondering when you went off too.. I see now
Yea man. I'm pretty homesick right now.

Quick Reply: Before The IX Becomes "JDM"