Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brake Pads Rubbing on Rotor Edge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Pads Rubbing on Rotor Edge

Hey guys, i changed out my front and rear pads a few weeks ago, but my front pads seem a bit large, the pads are rubbing on the outer edge of the rotor causeing a loud squeaking. I already took the pads off and put them back on, but they still do the same thing. The pads actully have an indent on the edge from where the are rubbing. Has anyone else had this problem?? I'm running Hawk Street pads. Once the pads are hot the problem get a lot worse like the pad is getting soft or its shifting. Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Were the rotors machined/turned before the new pads were put on?
If your rotor has a 'lip' on the outside edge, it needs to be machined down. The braking surface of the rotor should be completely flat/level

Do that ASAP, before the pads get trashed
Old Jun 18, 2005, 03:47 AM

yeah the same thing happened to me too. i have the project mu B-Force and they are a little too big for the front and rear. my friend was able to shave off the front pads so they would fit.. but the rear is still a little too big. he then resurfaced the rear and that sorta got rid of the sqeaking but it still comes up when it heats up..

i guess oem stock pads were prolie the ones i shoulda got. but right now id rather upgrade my rotors than buy the oem pads which are like 200+ for the front set and 220+ for the rear. The only place i can find them online is machevo.

hope you find out how to fix your problem.. i'll pm you if i do as well.