Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rota Torques in action...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rota Torques in action...

I have no pics of my car that were taken specifically to show off the rims, but someone asked me if I had pics with the Rota Torques on my MR, so here they are:

Turn 3 at Summit Point (~90mph)

Return lane at SCCA Northeast Divisional Autocross

Capital Driving Club Autocross launch

Charcoal Rota Torque by itself

As I said, there's no perfect pictures designed specifically to show off the rim, because I don't sit around taking pics of my car when racing. I only use these rims for racing during the non-Winter months, and now I have them on with Blizzaks for the Winter, but the whole car is a dirty mess of salt, dirt, and snow.

I did want to say that the Charcoal Rota Torques look awesome on the GG Evos, which is why I got them. I wanted them to look just like my BBS rims, and they do a good job of that.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks somewhat similiar to the new wheels that are on the Evo IX. Nice pictures, btw, I like the first one the best.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, very similar spoke pattern to the IX Enkeis, just in different colors.

The first one is my favorite, too. Very nice pic by the professional photographer they had out there.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With them in Motion i can swear that they are thoughs expensive *** MR wheels.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DCSilvrEvo
With them in Motion i can swear that they are thoughs expensive *** MR wheels.
That was the plan. Get rims that were so close in design to the BBS's that the average person wouldn't know the difference...or if in motion, there would be no way to really tell the difference.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

So Warrtalon, those are the hyperblack correct? They look great and they look more aggressive than the BBS MR wheels imo. I guess I am biased, I have the Torques in the Gunmetalic and love them. For the price you cannot go wrong. The first pic is sweet!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Why did you decide to go with the Torque's versus the Work Emotions?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure if this was to me or to Warrtalon, but for me the Work Gunmetal was not dark enough to my liking. Then I found the Dark Gunmetalic Torque and I was sold at whatever the price, which just happened to be about half the price of the Works.

Originally Posted by Atlas
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

that first pic is just awesome
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Atlas
Honestly, when I bought these, I had no idea they were knock-offs of the Work Emotions. I simply got them because they were the same size as stock, looked just like my BBS MR rims, and because they were $600 for the set. Even if I had known that the Works Emotions looked exactly the same, I never would have paid twice as much for them, though.

Evoviiiyou, these are not the Hyper Black. They are the dark gunmetal or whatever the real name is. I refer to them as Charcoal, because I've seen that moniker used on some websites, but I really don't know the official name. You can see in the autocross launch pic that they look like exact matches of the GG body color. The flash pic of the solo rim makes it hard to differentiate between Hyper Black and Gunmetal due to the flash.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe its the pic, but my dark gun metallic look alot darker than yours? Oh well no biggie. Whatever they are called they look great.
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Honestly, when I bought these, I had no idea they were knock-offs of the Work Emotions. I simply got them because they were the same size as stock, looked just like my BBS MR rims, and because they were $600 for the set. Even if I had known that the Works Emotions looked exactly the same, I never would have paid twice as much for them, though.

Evoviiiyou, these are not the Hyper Black. They are the dark gunmetal or whatever the real name is. I refer to them as Charcoal, because I've seen that moniker used on some websites, but I really don't know the official name. You can see in the autocross launch pic that they look like exact matches of the GG body color. The flash pic of the solo rim makes it hard to differentiate between Hyper Black and Gunmetal due to the flash.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor

They look great

Here are pictures to show the difference between colors:

Gunmetallic:
http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/.../torque_gm.jpg
http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/...gm_detail1.jpg
http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/...gm_detail2.jpg

Hyper Black:
http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/...hyperblack.jpg
http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/...ck_detail1.jpg
http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/...ck_detail2.jpg

Charcoal Grey is actually a totally different color, but unfortunatly i don't have detail pix of that color.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

I have no idea which ones mine are. I didn't know there were 2 dark grey colors so close together. Also, like always, the Hyper Blacks in those pics don't look black at all. They are barely discernable from the Gunmetallic in those pics. The differences are a lot more noticeable in person.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I have no idea which ones mine are. I didn't know there were 2 dark grey colors so close together. Also, like always, the Hyper Blacks in those pics don't look black at all. They are barely discernable from the Gunmetallic in those pics. The differences are a lot more noticeable in person.
yea its always hard to tell the difference between the 2 through pix

The best way to describe it is that the gunmetallic is a REALLY dark grey, almost brownish

The hyper black is like a black mirror finish, almost like a really dark black chrome.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

subydude - what color are mine? I got them off of you guys but have no idea which color I ordered and a lot of people ask.