Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can get Performance Racing News as well as Performance Racing Industry and Modified Magazine. I am sure Robi can get the guys at Sport Compact Car as well. I might be able to C&D ... longshot though.

Someone pic a date late summer and we can go from there ? I need dates before heading to the press. The guys from PRN already have commitments from a few companies to do this test.

-mark
Old Jan 26, 2006, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

tunen suspension is a system which starts at the tires...
Old Jan 26, 2006, 01:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by DMS_Mark
I can get Performance Racing News as well as Performance Racing Industry and Modified Magazine. I am sure Robi can get the guys at Sport Compact Car as well. I might be able to C&D ... longshot though.

Someone pic a date late summer and we can go from there ? I need dates before heading to the press. The guys from PRN already have commitments from a few companies to do this test.

-mark
Robi had suggested the NASA time trial at Mid-O in September, what were the parameters of the test that they are looking for? Would it be all EVO's? Or an open time attack? Just want to contain the variables as much as possible. Could we have a street ride component (I think this is important and should be weighted equally), it will keep people from doing no-compromise track only set-ups which is not what most people are looking for. We would of course have to get some sort of objective driver/judges (like what was done in American Touge but without the politics!). Maybe have a magazine bring in some pro guys and the mag guys drive as well (representing amateur drivers) and we can give both results
Old Jan 26, 2006, 01:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by robi
tunen suspension is a system which starts at the tires...
Robi, you been drinking?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

NASA TT class to run is TTU...this is a true national title...
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chronohunter
Robi, you been drinking?
nah just my lisdexic side...;- 0
Old Jan 26, 2006, 07:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Old Jan 26, 2006, 07:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Do you have to run other events to qualify for it? We would have to figure out what class to run (if there is more that one possibility) and agree on a common tire
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:22 PM
Former Sponsor

We did so well out west here they were VERY unkind to the EVO in the rules rewrite TTC used t0o be the base class and you could do up to 15 points of mods...ie r compounds are 5 points swaybars 2 points MBC 2 points etc..We ran Unlimited so they wouldn't think we were cheating and we didn't need to declare all our mods.. now a 06 mr is a TTB WITH seven points as its base 06 rs TTB base 03-05 "evo" is TTC with 15 points and the new point jump is at 20 points....ie you touch the car and you are in TTB so TTU is going to be the class we are running in...(on slicks)
Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

We did so well out west here they were VERY unkind to the EVO in the rules rewrite TTC used t0o be the base class and you could do up to 15 points of mods...ie r compounds are 5 points swaybars 2 points MBC 2 points etc..We ran Unlimited so they wouldn't think we were cheating and we didn't need to declare all our mods.. now a 06 mr is a TTB WITH seven points as its base 06 rs TTB base 03-05 "evo" is TTC with 15 points and the new point jump is at 20 points....ie you touch the car and you are in TTB so TTU is going to be the class we are running in...(on slicks)
I noticed the upclassing this year on all evo's except the 03-04 VIII. Doesn't seem fair personally. In this respect I'm glad I don't have an MR or RS. Now I can put on a decent set of mods and only be bumped into TTB.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Mid-Ohio is cool, I have never been yet !
Any track, but if we are testing for the ultimate suspension, decide if you are comparing for autocrossers (which I think this post was originally intended for) that drive to the track, or a setup for outright race cars (it is the same kit for me, just different springs)

My stipulation is the test has to be done on 3 different cars preferrably as close to stock as possible.

Pick a track and time, and I will start making the arrangments with the magazines, and we can build on it from there.
-mark
Old Feb 9, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

What's happening with this ? I need a track choice guys !!
-mark
Old Feb 9, 2006, 08:08 AM

JIC coilovers are the best then TEIN
Old Feb 9, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by freakishpower
JIC coilovers are the best then TEIN

^ There ya go...

No need to go through all the hassel of testing...+ you can save your money on those Motons and DMS set-ups!

Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
I have a set of the Bridgestone NPG Coilovers with custom set up from BOSS on order. They are what BOSS runs on all their DEMO cars.

http://www.bs-sus.ne.jp/#

http://www.apboss.com

Later on I'll be switching it them out for the Prodrive set up when they are released.

Last edited by M3this; Feb 9, 2006 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Coilovers