Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nils
I'm always at smmp, anyone & everyone are welcome to join me play

n
Thanks Nils, as you can tell we are getting a bit stir crazy! The good news is that I got to ski in a foot of fresh power this morning and play rally driver in my EVO there and back
Old Jan 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chronohunter
Thanks Nils, as you can tell we are getting a bit stir crazy! The good news is that I got to ski in a foot of fresh power this morning and play rally driver in my EVO there and back

foot of pow... bastard.. I'm jealous...

of your 916 too!

n
Old Jan 19, 2006, 01:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nils_work
foot of pow... bastard.. I'm jealous...

of your 916 too!

n
so, let me get this straight, if I put knobbies on the Duc rode it to the ski area and skied in fresh powder...sort of an ultimate fantasy???
Old Jan 19, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

I'd be riding a new r6 right now if I didnt have wife & kids.. lets leave it at that

ha ha...

n

Last edited by nils_work; Jan 20, 2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nils, edit that wide quick, if she sees that!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chronohunter
as you can tell we are getting a bit stir crazy!
I don't see how you guys deal with the winter and no track driving! I am spending a quiet day with the street beater at Laguna tommorow, it had been almost 12 whole days (in a row, no less) since the last time I slid an Evo around a race course, I know what you mean by stir crazy.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by john@rre
I don't see how you guys deal with the winter and no track driving! I am spending a quiet day with the street beater at Laguna tommorow, it had been almost 12 whole days (in a row, no less) since the last time I slid an Evo around a race course, I know what you mean by stir crazy.
Typically we can run in the Winter here but since they closed our local track it involves a bit of a drive, because of that I haven't been out since early November . Hopefully I'll get to drive something (anything!) in the next week or so. Sure beats the snow belt where they have no chance till Spring .

Have fun at Laguna

Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Have fun at the track.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nothere
nils, edit that wide quick, if she sees that!

ha ha!!! lol...

n
Old Jan 20, 2006, 02:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Nil's
See ya in the AM

The seat thing is still "up in the air" sorry
Old Jan 20, 2006, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This thread just became more interesting ... and when you guys do compare the suspension on your cars please test out skid pad Gs and slalom speeds too ... Oh yeah and I think all you guys should agree to the same type/brand and width tires to keep things fair ... post back with your results ...
If you guys want, there is also Mid-America Motorplex in IA (midwest), perhaps a more central location but they won't be open for a while ... DAMN SNOW!!!
Old Jan 23, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

My question is which is the best coil overs without doing any personalized modifications to it for autoX? You have to have a good base shock/spring to start with and then make mods based on your needs right?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Cool Post everyone. My two cents

Hallet is bumpy as &*^%$# , more suited to a rally car than a track car. Fun track though !! There are only a few shocks that would handle this track. I do not think it is a fair comparrison considering some of the brands want to be tested.

Infineon is smooth, but I think Willow would be better, or what the heck, we can do two tracks !!

I have 3 magazines that would love to see this kind of test, would be able to fly down and bring some drivers too.

-mark
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by DMS_Mark
Cool Post everyone. My two cents

Hallet is bumpy as &*^%$# , more suited to a rally car than a track car. Fun track though !! There are only a few shocks that would handle this track. I do not think it is a fair comparrison considering some of the brands want to be tested.

Infineon is smooth, but I think Willow would be better, or what the heck, we can do two tracks !!

I have 3 magazines that would love to see this kind of test, would be able to fly down and bring some drivers too.

-mark
If you want to get the ball rolling on this Mark we'd be in. Maybe contact the Mags and see how into it they are!
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah!!! Big test, with the same car, same wheels and same tires ... just different manufacturer's/tuner's suspension components ... and some objective skidpad based, slalom speed based and cornering speed based #s ... That's what I'm talking about

Quick Reply: Best Coilovers