Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Kumho Ecsta MX (for stock wheel)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the 245's on my 03 evo with none of the problems the above posters are reporting. The car had coilovers and was aligned and corner balanced. I loved the tire. It was very predictable and got better with a little ware.

Does anyone running the 255's have any rubbing issues? As I will be buying some soon. They will be used for everyday use and autox.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flybert
MX's are great, especially with a little heat in them. I like the guy above who is comparing hoosiers to MX. AHAHAHAH Apples to oranges my friend.
The comment about the hoosiers was to qualify the alignment, not a comparision to the MXs.

When new, the MXs were down right terrifying. I was truly afraid they would not break in. Everything I've driven, from Advans, Pilot Sports, S03s, RA-1s, HOOSIERS, there's a break in period. Street tires burn off the manufacturing excesses, and are good in a couple hundred miles.

The MXs got better and better all the way to the belts, there was not a point where they were ok, just better and better, unlike the pilot sports or s03s. Or even unshaved RA-1s for that matter. The weren't so scary after more than 1000 miles. Around 5k they were what I was hoping for, out of a $100 tire. At 8k miles, I was shocked at how good they were, and how the rear would step out quite nicely, and the car would hold. Early in the miles, the car would slide (snap over steer) through moderate turns.

Be wary of mis-interpreting a statement out of context, and stating something about fruits. HAHAHAHA... I like my hoosiers in the rain, and forum members who read!

Will be getting a SHAVED set of MXs for summer use come spring.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nukblazi
I just switched from the A047s to these and I hate them... no where near the grip of the advans... I'll sell you a set with 150 miles on them...
How are you measuring grip levels? Can you show us your data?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbolover
H-rated tires! They have no wet or dry grip, WASTE OF MONEY!!

I hate when people say a tire has “no grip”, when that’s obviously impossible! Can you comment on specifics you did not like and tell me how you measured grip relative to anything else you have tried? Do you use a data logger or lap times at a specific circuit?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Turbo lover You obviously do not have the MX as it is not a H rated tire. Have you even looked at the side wall?

By the way I just installed my 255/40/17's on the oem rime and it fits like a glove no rubbing issues. I also finaly installed my coilovers. so the car has been lowered. I may need to roll the rears though just to be safe.