Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brembo - Direct contact about calipers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brembo - Direct contact about calipers

I just want to let everyone know that if you go to the www.Brembo.com website you can contact them through a form. I have done this and explained the situation with the peeling calipers.

I am hoping to get other members here to do the same thing. Maybe if Brembo knows that their brakes are looking like crap on a performance car and the dealerships are not warrantying them, then maybe they will do something for us.

It's a long shot but the more people who complain to brembo the better the shot becomes.

Who's with me?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just e-mailed them to let them know that I wasn't happy either.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Has anyone tried some other combonation brake kits that might have increased performance AND not peel under heat?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Dont waste your time....Mitsubishi is responsible for the peeling calipers. I had mine replaced without a hitch. If one dealerships give you problems, find another one.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Has anyone tried some other combonation brake kits that might have increased performance AND not peel under heat?

If you look at some of the racing brake and caliper setups, you will see either they are all metal finish, like satin, or the anodized finish.
Most high heat paints are good till 1500 degree's. Then change color, flake off. Powder coat can take up to 2000 to 2500 depending on the color pigment.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

The problem is this: I know my brakes have not reached high enough heat to hit 2k degrees! I don't auto-x, most driving is highway, etc.

This is just poor quality, it should not peel like it does. Even the rear calipers are peeling.

I do clean them at least 1 time per week with car soap and water, plus I hand wash them down.

I think Brembo who supplies the calipers painted the way that they are should be responsible. Since the dealerships don't want to step up then the product manufacturer should.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

C'mon, all the people who have complained about this and no one is willing to stand up for what's right! Am I the only one who believes that they should at the very least contact Mitsubishi and try to get them to step up?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the reason most of them are peeling is from improper bleeding techniques at assembly. not cleaning all the brake fluid off the caliper when they were first assembled. it's definitely mitsu's fault, not brembo. you don't see any other factory brembos peeling(STi, porshe, 350Z, etc.), do you? that's because their factories thoroughlycleaned the calipers after bleeding. i had mine replaced under warranty and immidiately went home and washed them down with soap and water just to be sure. they don't want to cover it because i saw the bill to the tune of $5K to replace all 4.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

When you went in for your warranty work was your car stock? Did you have any mods?

Even if they attempt to void the warranty due to mods there is no way they could say that the brakes peeling could be due to engine and appearance mods correct?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jdav79
When you went in for your warranty work was your car stock? Did you have any mods?

Even if they attempt to void the warranty due to mods there is no way they could say that the brakes peeling could be due to engine and appearance mods correct?
i had all the basic bolt-ons(TBE, intake, mbc, fuel pump, clutch, aftermarket pads, boost gauge, swift springs). shouldn't have anything to do with the finish on your calipers. most try to be smart and say it was corrosive wheel cleaner that you use though. if one dealer denies, just keep trying others. since it was so expensive, i had to wait for the district rep to come in that month to approve it when he saw it bfore they were covered. it was clearly bleeding on mine. they were just starting to peel, and it was right by all the bleeder nipples.