Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Strange high pitched noise from left wheel

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thread Revive. Only because I have been having this problem and it is really getting annoying. Has anyone successfully been able to fix or pin point this issue?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:38 AM

Damn! same problem here.. I thought it was a wheel bearing as well. changed the wheel bearing. no luck... possibly an axle related problem? And yes this is getting very annoying.. I have noticed mine now at 40mph as well as 20-25mph only after driving for longer than a half hour or so.. quick rides i never hear it.. ill be taking mine back to the dealer soon, although they seem as baffled as all of us.

this needs to get resolved already

Last edited by Fstyles05EB; Sep 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 08:47 AM

I am having a similar issue on a friends car I am doing some work on. Has anyone figured this out? The squeal I am experiencing is pretty loud and sounds similar to a squealing brake, but doesn't seem to change with brake application. It started as only when coasting up to a stop sign or light. Last night I was coming up my street and it did it the whole way up my block. I did just install a built transfer case for him, but it doesn't sound anything like a drive line bearing noise that I have ever heard.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 91nbtsi
I am having a similar issue on a friends car I am doing some work on. Has anyone figured this out? The squeal I am experiencing is pretty loud and sounds similar to a squealing brake, but doesn't seem to change with brake application. It started as only when coasting up to a stop sign or light. Last night I was coming up my street and it did it the whole way up my block. I did just install a built transfer case for him, but it doesn't sound anything like a drive line bearing noise that I have ever heard.
Check to see if the brake dust sheild is touching the rotor
Old Sep 6, 2013, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by WRC-LVR
Check to see if the brake dust sheild is touching the rotor
That's what it was! Thanks for replying.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 91nbtsi
That's what it was! Thanks for replying.
Pays to look and check...considering you just did tranny work, it is easy to bang on the dust shield and suddenly have a noise you cant figure out.

Ur welcome