Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

What coil overs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah he means Autocross. Autocross has been kinda "branded" as Time Attack on the island.

The figure 8 on its side is the area we use, though due to increasing development we are limited to using the left square for the most part.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ft...W5yzo7eLDFHYxg
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chu
Those are some small courses!

FWIW, I'm running a really old set of Ohlins PCV that was built per Paul Gerrard/Vishnu specs. They have been great after a few years of use, with the exception of the spherical bearings showing signs of deterioration, but that's an easy fix. I cant really say anymore than knowing I can get the Ohlins serviced by many places in the country. With the amount of products on the markets these days, serviceability is what buyers should really be looking into. I don't think its very easy to get a lower-end products serviced from what I've seen.
Well fortune auto 500 comes with one year warranty + serviceable in the USA to my knowledge, that was another reason I chose them.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:37 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sirnixalot
yeah he means Autocross. Autocross has been kinda "branded" as Time Attack on the island.

The figure 8 on its side is the area we use, though due to increasing development we are limited to using the left square for the most part.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ft...W5yzo7eLDFHYxg
I see....

Originally Posted by EvoIIIAj
Well fortune auto 500 comes with one year warranty + serviceable in the USA to my knowledge, that was another reason I chose them.
I've seen the same. Again, I just haven't spoken to anyone who has them personally, or have seen any extensive reviews on their products. I know they have a warrantee, and are serviceable here in the U.S, just don't know anyone who has gone through it. Based on prior research, it does look like they put some good effort into the product, and show valving graphs, which are critical for a lot of folks. A friend of mine who does time trials with NASA were looking into them also, given the lower cost of rebuild compared to other brands.

Just for clarity, I'm not trying to say any brands are bad, just merely saying its something to consider when making these purchases.

Last edited by chu; Mar 28, 2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:38 AM

Circuit Sports!!!!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:27 PM

Bc racing coilovers
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:35 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pink godzila
Circuit Sports!!!!
Originally Posted by gtechsports
Bc racing coilovers
Name dropping doesn't help guys. Come on...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIIIAj
Hello all,

Searched around but didn't find what I wanted so I'm posting here. I have a JDM Evo VIII that I drive maybe 3 times for the week at most. I do Time Attack once a month with the car and I really need a set of coil overs. The car was originally bought with more drag strip time in mind, but our local track has been closed down and it doesn't look like anything is going to open up anytime soon.

I still would like a nice comfortable suspension on the street that I will be able to utilize in Time Attack and possibly Drag (whenever that would be). I originally wanted to get a set of D2's but not sure.. Any suggestions?

Other than the tein lowering springs I dont see a list of the rest of your suspension mods. I would recommend to invest in better springs, and a good set of tires. What tires are you running currently? How much experience do you have with autox/ Time Attack?

A good set of springs would be better then a cheap set of coilovers.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have Toyo R1Rs. The car came with these lowering springs, they make noise and I get tons of body roll with um. I plan to get white line sway bars next, and front roll center adjustment kit from white line also.

These are what I bought:
http://www.fortune-auto.net/fortune5...scoilovers.htm
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts
For my daily driver the Megan Streets have been good and I have no regrets. 20K+ miles with ZERO problems. Are there better options?...YES, but definitely better than stock so don't let the suspension police tell you otherwise. BC..Megan...same mfg'r.