Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Frame braces

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frame braces

Just trying to see if anyone knows the part #'s for the three stock frame braces that connect under the tranny. Bought a used 9, and they werent there for some very odd reason. A reasonable replacement for them would be awesome too. Thanks guys!

Dick
Old Jul 8, 2013, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by akevo06
Just trying to see if anyone knows the part #'s for the three stock frame braces that connect under the tranny. Bought a used 9, and they werent there for some very odd reason. A reasonable replacement for them would be awesome too. Thanks guys!

Dick
stock ones do just fine. Try mitsubishiparts.net
Old Jul 8, 2013, 07:52 PM

Got any part numbers? I cant tell by name what they are and any diagrams from Mitsu are horrid.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you are talking about the flimsy tie bars that rattle on the downpipe .... I havent had those on the car in years. I dont think they even do anything.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
To the op I dont have a part # for you but just so you are aware there are only 2 not 3 bars. And to the people who say they dont do anything, while I am sure their effectiveness is quite marginal, they do serve a purpose or else the mitsu engineers wouldnt have wasted their time. Its not going to be a night and day difference but why bother getting rid of them?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Go with a 'square' box-like/4-point design like Cusco. That will work better! That was one of the first mods I ever did...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 02:59 PM

Yea. I was reading that they're supposed to help the sub-frame from spreading appart during heavy loads (WOT). But I don't know if it makes a HUGE difference or not.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
^ It all depends what you want out of your car, your expectations now, and for later on. A four point chassis bar versus two separate bars WILL make a difference...Huge? No. But, down the road if you plan other bars and sway bars, this chassis brace will 'fit part of the puzzle' and combined with everything else, it WILL make a difference. I have all the complete Cusco chassis braces, swar bars, etc. I can feel the difference while corning, etc. If you are into suspension and handling, this bar is a defenite start in the RIGHT Direction and better than stock...