Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

G35 Coupe manual brake set for EVO?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2004, 06:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down G35 Coupe manual brake set for EVO?

Hey, I just got my quote for pad change.

$250 for front set of pads

$500 for Resurface and labor + pads

They wont do it without resurfacing.

I called infinity today and the Brembo set the G35 coupe has (4 piston caliper, 14 inch up front and 12.9 inch back), their price is

$68 for front set of pads

$350 for Resurface and labor + pads.

Am I missing something here? Why does it cost so much more for mitsubishi then the G35?

It seem like they have virtually the same brake system setup!

So here is my idea. Maybe one of you could actually try to compare the size of the pads and the brake system for EVO and G35 and tell us if we could buy G35 pads for our EVO.

What do you think? Any volunteers?

thanks.
Old May 28, 2004, 06:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The pad part numbers are different between the G and the EVO. I think that the caliper for the EVO is longer than that G's caliper. They will more than likely not be compatible.
That's a good price for brake service on the G. Many dealers are charging more than that for a standard service. I would rather buy new slotted rotors and pads, starting fresh for less $ instead of paying more for them to shave my existing ones down.
Old May 28, 2004, 07:10 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation

well, that was quick...

where do you get your services done? Far as getting things replaced, like rotors and pads with aftermarket products?

I use to do it myself with the 5th gen Prelude, back when I had it, since Honda's are so easy to DIY and lots of resources, but all these high end components are getting me nervious.
Old May 28, 2004, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plokivos
They wont do it without resurfacing.
Screw em. They are trying to milk you for more money. Crooked ****s. Buy some pads and put them in yourself.
Old May 28, 2004, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I was going to the dealer, but the closest one to me is like over an hour away. I just did all the replacement/upgrades myself. Going to do the sway bars and springs for my G this weekend and probably upgrade the rotors in a couple of weeks. The Brembos are pretty easy to work with, but if they seem a little intimidating, its always best to have a professional do it.
Old May 28, 2004, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
plokivos:

Changing EVO brake pads is easy! At first I wasn't sure I could do it, but I followed this write up from our fellow evom member jemm and it was a piece of cake.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=77123

For $500, you can get a set of Brembo slotted or drilled rotors AND brake pads from Tirerack. If I were you, that's what I would do, then put them on yourself.
Old May 31, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Evo front brembo caliper is not the same one on the G35.

as other ppl said...changing pad and rotor is not that hard, if you can do that on a Honda...you can do it on your evo
Old Jun 1, 2004, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Am I the only one, but don't those prices sound INSANE? I mean, brakes is brakes...and the Evo is actually easier to do than most cars...