Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

REAL Tires

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2001, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks like a very grippy tire. Any idea how soft/hard it is??
Old Nov 20, 2001, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

define expensive?
Old Nov 21, 2001, 01:06 PM

Claudius, the image is of a PZero -C, the Corsa looks totally different, being more of a cut slick.

I suggest you use the Dunlop D001-J which I use - they are about GBP 120, and are almost as good as the PZero-C - and $$$$ing awesome as far as I am concerned!

Ok in the wet too, just avoid standing water (same as the PZero Corsa).

The Michelin Pilot Sports Cup are also good, but too expensive.

You will find it VERY DIFFICULT to get P Zero Corsa and Pilot Sports. Dunlops are EZ to get.
Old Nov 22, 2001, 02:39 AM
Evolving Member

No problems here in getting the Pirelli. Almost every trackday used Porker uses them here in Switzerland. Quite popular tyre.
What I noticed that even with those the shoulders wear very quickly.
The regional Pirelli chap had almost overtalked me to buy them. In the end I just took the brochure with me.

Cheers

Mike
Old Nov 22, 2001, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

Hehe, I'm looking to get some WRC Pilots as soon as my car's back in order, for free!! Sounds like a good plan, doesn't it ?
Old Nov 23, 2001, 10:41 AM

Hi Claudius,

THe Corsa is excellent, we tried them on a friends 964RS, sticky like hell, very good, rather excellent in the rain but they lasted for only 2 days in Francorchamps and 5 days at the Ring.
However, bloody expensive.
Is your suspension already sold?

Jan (Belgium).

PS. Back from Mexico and bloody pissed at MLR.
Old Nov 23, 2001, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Jan

good brake choice

Hope you're doing fine

Cheers

Mike
Old Nov 26, 2001, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

Jan, good to hear from you again!! Thought you'd sold your Evo or something... How much driving was involved for the tires to be worn out? Was the 2 days in Spa and 5 on the Ring solid driving lap after lap for days? If you drove a lot, I don't think that's too bad tire wear, probably some harder tires would last longer.
I have to say I really think it's funny that people on the MLR just don't have a problem with it, I guess it's the English mentality, or have you ever heard of any revolution or bigger revolts from England(o.k. there have been a few, but not as radical or as many as on the mainland)?
Old Nov 26, 2001, 10:32 AM

Scoobymike, yes, Mov’it front brakes will be placed on the 15th, then, after some days/weeks of brake abuse I will go for the rear upgrade, IF Mov’it survives my abuse off course.

Claudius, sunburn, tell me about it, I went surfing around midday, stupid me, I had to stay inside for 2 days. As for your suspension, I might still be interested, however, I found a guy who would program/install a M48-Pro for ~ 4000 Euro’s (motec included). If work permits I’ll try to visit him for specific hp/nm details next month. If this company seems viable I’d rather go for the Motec instead your suspension, then again, depending on my bonus at the end of the year I still might buy your suspension. How’s you car evolving, everything received and fitted? As for MLR, you’re correct, they don’t seem to get it. Oh well, it would be a boring place if all would think the same.

Michael, 2 days solid driving in Spa, the other days at the ring were casual laps. So, overall driving was not really intense. As for revolutions on that Island, you’re right, they don’t revolt in house, they only seek trouble while visiting the continent, look at the hooligans… Look at how they drive on the highway; ever passed a Britt on the wrong side, he goes completely berserk. He even looses his mind in other countries where passing on the wrong side is tolerated (France-Italy-Belgium). Bottom line, a Britt likes to play cop wherever he is without even thinking that his observations might be wrong. On the continent we’ll call that narrow-minded braindead idiots. Don’t get me wrong here, I know plenty of decent Britt’s, and you can’t really blame the rotten individuals, it’s a heritage of their $$$$ed up society. Conclusion, give it a couple of tries and educate them, if they won’t listen at all, let them blather like sheep …

Oh boy, I probably made myself very popular between Britts, I would say, bring it on and settle it on the racetrack :-)

Jan.