Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Finally replaced the Oem Amp

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why would you need a three.2 , with the stock system ?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by dtmevox
why would you need a three.2 , with the stock system ?
Well when u put a three.2 u retain all the eq that u want I have a huge variety of songs and some sound better with sub . low highs ... Obviously I'm running aftermarket amps 4channel and.dedicated sub amp.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:36 PM

I just did a test on my amp . the wire close to the edge of the connectors are the left side speakers
One thing I did not sure is which one is the + and - , cause when I connected both way the speaker still have sound ,
BTW I got a 2011 evo sss
Old Jan 21, 2016, 04:01 PM

the lighter color wires are positive ,, like white and red and white and blue are the positive ones
Old Jan 21, 2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by apparittion
Well when u put a three.2 u retain all the eq that u want I have a huge variety of songs and some sound better with sub . low highs ... Obviously I'm running aftermarket amps 4channel and.dedicated sub amp.
right on that makes more sense now...lol
Old Apr 3, 2016, 07:42 PM

Evo X Rockford Fosgate Instalation

Hey what's up? I was wondering how to set up the Rockford Fosgate system in my Evo X. My car didn't originally come with the system but I bought it because I thought it was plug and play. When I lifted my seat I didn't and couldn't find the harness that goes to the amp. The harness for the subwoofer comes pre wired and it also does for the navigation unit. I was wondering if you knew if my car comes equipped with them and if it does where can I find the 20pin and 18pin connectors for the amp. I looked everywhere for them and couldn't find them. If you could let me know that would be awesome. Thank you.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:55 AM

any one selling OEM amp?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone here still have the stock RF amp in good working codition for sale ? I may be interested. I think mine blew, no more sound, and I don't see it in the MMCS secret menu anymore. All fuses, wires checked. All connectors at amp and headunit checked for loose/water. I sanded the rusted amp bracket to improve the ground. NO luck. Still no sound. I even opened the amp to see if something was blown, like a capacitor, or to look for something burned, or water, did not see anything irregular.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 07:03 AM

I have one for sale, pm me zip code.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 04:34 AM

Dears
i need to connect the original OEM Amplifier to my Lancer ex , and i trying to connect according to this pic but not working , and i did't know what should i do for the Ensure wires & Digital power on
Appreciate your usual Support
, note be no plugs in my car i will connect it directly on the board !!

Last edited by ramy_sl; Oct 20, 2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 03:42 PM

hello sir. i have the same amp i now want to wire it at home in the garage. can you give me the schematics please? of the ports. like which pin is which
Old Jul 8, 2017, 01:11 AM

Thanks for the write up. I will be trying this soon. My plan is to have two amps one for the doors and tweeters and another for a better sub in trunk. while keeping stock radio no nav for now. When budget allows I will change head unit and run wires directly to amp. I have wires and Amps from prior cars so no additional cost and I love quality audio.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 03:51 PM

input wire question

Preparing my car now goal is to use one amp for sub and a 4 channel for doors and tweeters. hope this works out well.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 02:43 AM

Recently bought a 2010 Lancer SE.
Previous Owner believes they blew the sub. Radio only gives “ERROR DC” msg, no music.
Might simply disconnecting all 4 lines to the sub from the OEM amp resolve the issue enough to use radio again?
Not worried about sub particularly, but would like to use radio at least.
This car has sub, amp, & 6 disc CD changer. Changer still works, assume radio still good too.
I have limited experience with sound systems, but well versed in most things mechanical.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 09:46 PM

Quick Reply: Finally replaced the Oem Amp