Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Evo X headlights randomly turn on

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X headlights randomly turn on

So odd thing happens from time to time with my 2010 evolution X. So you know if you leave the lights on and turn the car off as you get out the car tells you to turn off the lights but after you shut the door lock the car and start walking away the lights will automatically turn off. A few times I have gone out to my car and it has been dead had AAA test the battery and it's been perfectly fine. Suspiciously the headlight switch had been left on. Now today I had been out in the garage a few times and hadn't noticed anything. Then my wife comes home from work and the headlights are on. Haven't started the car or even touched the keys. The headlight switch was on I tried turning it on and off and waiting but they remained on. The headlights would turn off when I switched them off but remained on if I left the switch on. So being the sensible person I am I.... You know just left the switch off, and normally do. My only concern is I'm just a dumb man according to my wife so occasionally forget to turn them off. Anybody have an idea on what would cause this or what I could do to remedy the situation? Or am I doomed to a life of always looking behind my shoulder and confirming all switches are in the "off" position?

Last edited by ProphetEvo; Aug 26, 2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
You could always get the automatic headlight retrofit:
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/18908

Auto headlights work great on my wife's Ralliart. I wish my GSR had them but I'd rather save my $150 on go fast bits!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 02:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah sounds like your car is fighting with you. Saying if "I have to turn these lights off again when you forget I'm gonna pay you back with a dead battery." I'd get a bumper sticker that says "my mistress is a Mitsubishi" and be done. Might make both your wife and the car get off your back. Might not? Sorry I don't have any first hand experience with leaving the switch on.