Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Factory reflashes, hesitation, stalling, and everything you need to know [merge]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am feeling the hesitation now that I am driving the car a little harder and hitting higher rpms. It feels like around 6000 the car suddenly gains 400 pounds and you feel a dip in acceleration.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Every dynograph and video of a X shows that the problem exhists. The ONLY person who has eliminated the problem was Vishnu using his Procede/interceptor module. AMS is going to try to use the AEM fuel control unit to smooth out the powerband and help with the stutter/glitches. I think the other group of guys with the 20g modified X have used the AEM unit but there car is still glitching/breaking up in that rpm range. Don't rule out the drive-by-wire system. That throttle plate could be closing up.

Also, is this not the same pre-production glitch that every single magazine test revealed about the X? Looks like Mitsu has been working on a fix for a while now. Good luck to all you guys.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 11:21 PM
Former Sponsor

How is this for straightening out the power on the X?

We now have control over boost cut, fueling and timing!!!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:14 PM

First factory reflash !!!

I got the call this morning from my tech at southcoast that the factory reflash has arrived. I hauled *** over there and within a half hour I had the first reflash from the factory installed in California. The X is now a EVO !! It idles smooth (750rpm) ,revs cleanly to 7500rpm(just a hair over that and the rev limiter kicks in). I have a few mods on the car right now (straight exhaust and a cone filter) and the reflash seems to like them. Im putting a mbc on tomoro and a boost control. The performance is great and im not pissed anymore about a my purchase. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/im...milies/lol.gif
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eatchow
I got the call this morning from my tech at southcoast that the factory reflash has arrived. I hauled *** over there and within a half hour I had the first reflash from the factory installed in California. The X is now a EVO !! It idles smooth (750rpm) ,revs cleanly to 7500rpm(just a hair over that and the rev limiter kicks in). I have a few mods on the car right now (straight exhaust and a cone filter) and the reflash seems to like them. Im putting a mbc on tomoro and a boost control. The performance is great and im not pissed anymore about a my purchase. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/im...milies/lol.gif

thats awesome man.

Last edited by boozeup&riot; Apr 10, 2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

so what were the list of problems you were having before the flash?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

this is a great thing for me!!! Once I get my EVO X, if they haven't reflashed it themselves already, I can just buy the vehicle and have them flash it right then and there!!!! Sweet...
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:41 PM

A rough idle, car would die at a complete stop sometimes,poor performance ( made no power over 5500rpm). But most of all real bad gas milage cause its PIG rich . The engine is leaner now and im pleased with the reflash but Im getting it tuned asap .
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have the TSB number? Will other dealerships have this info about the reflash?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rguy
Do you have the TSB number? Will other dealerships have this info about the reflash?
What he said...I'd hate to call the dealership and have them respond as if I'm speaking a foreign language.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostd4
What he said...I'd hate to call the dealership and have them respond as if I'm speaking a foreign language.
Sadly, this is usually the case with the TSB's.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Hmmm, interesting. I don't seem to have a rough idle or bogging at low RPMs. I don't know about 5k RPM or higher because I'm still breaking it in. I am, however, getting pretty poor gas mileage ~ 16mph for the first tank. It shouldn't be that bad because I haven't really gotten on it.

When it's available at my dealer, I'm going in for the reflash. Sounds like it can't hurt and hopefully gets me some extra hp up top.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

noob question: if i were to use a piggy back after i get this reflash would it not work aswell since the piggy back would be programed from the factory flash?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

I called two Mitsu service shops here in Ohio and neither could find any release of a flash. I wonder if it is a CA flash only at this point because the emissions are different. If you have any more information or can PM me the contact info for your dealer I'd appreciate it.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

TSB Number would be really helpful right now

Quick Reply: Factory reflashes, hesitation, stalling, and everything you need to know [merge]