Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Factory reflashes, hesitation, stalling, and everything you need to know [merge]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this also for the 2008 Evo X MR???

The only recall i have done so far is the fuel line thing.

Is there anymore recalls for my car i should know about?

None of these recalls list for which specific car the GSR or MR so I need some help.

Sorry I'm kinda new to this i just got my Evo last year.

Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2010, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by EvolutionXmr
Is this also for the 2008 Evo X MR???

The only recall i have done so far is the fuel line thing.

Is there anymore recalls for my car i should know about?

None of these recalls list for which specific car the GSR or MR so I need some help.

Sorry I'm kinda new to this i just got my Evo last year.

Thanks
Lol! You're all good man. This issue seems to be on the GSR models ONLY. It's also been noted that it has to deal with a certain VIN number model as well. My VIN was one of them! Also, this isn't listed as a recall either so you're stuck with trying to explain this to the dealer.lol I got lucky with mine like a few others but I still got the "Hmm... I don't think I've ever heard of that one..." but the lead tech was cool and took my X in the shop and checked it out!
Anyway, you should be fine man. Believe me.. THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD HAVE NOTICED A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO!! Bravo on your purchase by the way! I'm still loving every minute in my GSR!
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tye1
Lol! You're all good man. This issue seems to be on the GSR models ONLY. It's also been noted that it has to deal with a certain VIN number model as well. My VIN was one of them! Also, this isn't listed as a recall either so you're stuck with trying to explain this to the dealer.lol I got lucky with mine like a few others but I still got the "Hmm... I don't think I've ever heard of that one..." but the lead tech was cool and took my X in the shop and checked it out!
Anyway, you should be fine man. Believe me.. THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD HAVE NOTICED A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO!! Bravo on your purchase by the way! I'm still loving every minute in my GSR!
hahaha thanks for clearing that up for me man i was getting kind of nervous haha. so far my evo is doing great awesome car and really fun to drive. hopefully i can get into modding soon. i just gotta do some research before hand though.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolutionXmr
hahaha thanks for clearing that up for me man i was getting kind of nervous haha. so far my evo is doing great awesome car and really fun to drive. hopefully i can get into modding soon. i just gotta do some research before hand though.
I've noticed the "idle"issue with my 08' MR. Also it doesnt start sometimes on a cold start. Should I get a reflash. I'm also getting tuned on the 29th by FFTec, so do you guys think I should get the reflash from the dealership anyways?

Last edited by flipflop; Nov 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by flipflop
I've noticed the "idle"issue with my 08' MR. Also it doesnt start sometimes on a cold start. Should I get a reflash. I'm also getting tuned on the 29th by FFTec, so do you guys think I should get the reflash from the dealership anyways?
That's odd that it's happening to your MR.. Well since ur getting it tuned anyway, my opinion would be to hold off for now. A nice tune "should" get everything corrected.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:46 PM

On the beggining - sorry for my English.

Is any possibility to complete clean information in ECU? Not only ROM but also information about modyfing ROM etc. ? Please help.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:40 PM

great info!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 2010 GSR and am having a bogging issue around 2k rpms and know where else. This problem is completely different then anything describe in this thread. (good info tho btw) Here is the link to my thread that describes the problem

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ease-help.html

Gurus please look I need all the help I can get.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
i have the high rev like sputter issue on my x its a 2011....any solution yet?GSR

Last edited by hoobastnk90; Mar 17, 2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: .
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:37 PM

Im in Hampton Roads Area in Virginia and my VIN number is not before the vin number that was said to be problematic and my car every now and then when in first start it at idle it stutters and the rpms go up and down a couple of times and then dies unless i give it a little gas for about 45 seconds then it stops. Now i call the dealer here and they said they dont see anywhere where my car has recieved the reflash so they set an appointment but I put a AEM Intake with the AEM airbox and also a Turbo XS turboback exhaust and the car is still under warranty but there is no way im gonna take my exhaust off but i wanna know if anybody knows what exactly will be voided with the Intake and Turboback exhaust??? Any info is greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:10 AM

Hi, I own a Lancer GT since Oct 2010. Since about 6 months ago, my ride is constantly hesitating at 2000 rpm.....especially rushing out from a traffic light and going up hill. It kinda holds at 2000 rpm and suddenly it shoots up really fast. Usually i need to release the pedal quickly and step on it again to eliminate the hesitation. Still, what i did was just to shorten the hesitation....for a split moment. PLEASE HELP.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 05:54 PM

need some help got my accessport and tried to install and it said cannot communicate with ecu. Don't believe the car is tuned ATM but there is a wide band connector in the glovebox. I'm going to check the fuse for the obd 2 port tomorrow but I'm lost and I called Cobb and they said check the fuse.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:47 AM

I'm having a huge problem with my 2015 EVO x and I need someone's help immediately after almost getting into an accident because of the issue on the highway tonight. Please let me know someone is reading this so I can get some answers to what is happening when I tell you
Old Apr 10, 2015, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I mean since its brand new why not just take it to the dealer?