Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Gears grinding on evo x?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Oh I'm sure boostez will chime in any second and say something about how the x sucks and I don't know what I'm talking about... Ugh. I'm tired of this. Back to evox, where I don't have to listen to this crap.
Dag man!! I'm getting attacked for no reason!!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cmon man, I'm not being rude. I'm just telling it how it is. You have nothing but bad things to say about the X, and every time someone says anything good about the car YOU have something to say about it. Well, Dr smile and Redline might be a bit worse than you actually.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Cmon man, I'm not being rude. I'm just telling it how it is. You have nothing but bad things to say about the X, and every time someone says anything good about the car YOU have something to say about it. Well, Dr smile and Redline might be a bit worse than you actually.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Offtopic or not, he is right. You X haters need to go ***** and moan somewhere else honestly. Make your own forum. The X is a great car and has completely changed my opinion of it. However, I never made a huge deal of it being less then an IX since it is obviously better (I own an VIII and I have been wanting an IX for months). I have not drove the X yet but I am sure the trans should be pretty nice since it is an upgraded trans finally but we will see!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
This is what I hate about new cars.. glitches or defects.. Why should you HAVE to upgrade to something better and spend even more money just to make it drive like it should have from the factory??

When the P0300 code was discovered in the VIII, I told myself I would trade the car in if I EVER got that code!! It's been the most annoying glitch for the VIII generation I can think of. Luckily for me, I haven't triggered the code..yet!
You obviously never had the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th gear synchro issues on the VIII either. They also had a TSB for that, as well as the P0300 issue. I remember people blowing out their trannies when the Evo VIII first came out from all the dang issues that car had on inital release. It took 2 years for them to solve most of those issues. My tranny was completely rebuilt, by Mitsu, due to all the issues I had with it. Gear lockouts, couldnt down shift, constant grinds into 2nd gear. It sucked, and made me almost get rid of the car by the end of year 1. Man, the whole forum was in a hazzah about the VIII's tranny issues. God, I hope I dont have to go through that again with my X. I will be sorely upset.

Noize,
I am getting the same feeling you are getting now. Definitely feels like the synchros are a bit tight on 2nd and 3rd. Maybe they arent lining up right or something. Its not very consistent though, and its not grinding, so I'm not to worried about it right now. Definitely will be keeping an eye on it though given Mitsu's history with bad transmissions.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dont Try To Run
Offtopic or not, he is right. You X haters need to go ***** and moan somewhere else honestly. Make your own forum. The X is a great car and has completely changed my opinion of it. However, I never made a huge deal of it being less then an IX since it is obviously better (I own an VIII and I have been wanting an IX for months). I have not drove the X yet but I am sure the trans should be pretty nice since it is an upgraded trans finally but we will see!
This is getting ridiculous! I am being attacked for NO reason on random threads just for the hell of it. I made no comments about the previous post whatsoever and yet, the threads are being thrown off topic ANYWAY just to take a jab at me. Weak. Hopefully the moderatorss will come down on some of you instigators that take things off topic.

And if I'm considered an EVO X hater because I don't see justifying spending thousands more dollars on a stock car that isn't anywhere close to performance of what I have now and I don't jump for joy over these dyno numbers - oh well!

I don't dislike the X just for the hell of it.. I just don't get all hot in my pants for every little positive news about it like you guys do nor do I think it's flawless. However, I would appreciate it if you wanted to discuss my tastes on the X to take it here.

Last edited by BOOSTEZ; Feb 5, 2008 at 05:46 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PDXEvo
You obviously never had the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th gear synchro issues on the VIII either. They also had a TSB for that, as well as the P0300 issue. I remember people blowing out their trannies when the Evo VIII first came out from all the dang issues that car had on inital release. It took 2 years for them to solve most of those issues. My tranny was completely rebuilt, by Mitsu, due to all the issues I had with it. Gear lockouts, couldnt down shift, constant grinds into 2nd gear. It sucked, and made me almost get rid of the car by the end of year 1. Man, the whole forum was in a hazzah about the VIII's tranny issues. God, I hope I dont have to go through that again with my X. I will be sorely upset.
I hear ya! Well, let's hope for the best! I don't think Mitsu messed up the tranny design at all. Most of the tech was probably taken from Japan's Evos.

Last edited by BOOSTEZ; Feb 5, 2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
well some guys turn out to be blind X lovers. they will have most likely, some humbling experience in the near future. No new car came out bug free, period.
Although i think the X is a better car then the IX / based on me experience in the evo line/. But some think its invincible...

so for me those guys are just as bad as like the "X haters" ...
Why? because most of them lacking knowlidge about previus evos, so basicly they just throwing they own opinions around, like those are facts .
So they are misleading as much as the haters.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

I am curious to see how the new X will react to mods over time. I am wondering what the longetivity of these new motors would be if given high HP. In other words, if the block is all aluminum, could that mean lower HP numbers to prevent engine damage versus the traditional iron/aluminum combo?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Close this thread.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 01:53 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Is it really this frickin' hard to stay on topic, people?