Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Twin Disc Clutches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks for the order Mike, I hope you enjoy it!
Old May 28, 2012, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any update on this? I'm looking into clutches and I heard some really good things about the Cusco clutches from the VIII models. How are you liking the HD so far?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steinvb12
Exedy Twin HD here. It's my daily driver, and not too much different feel than stock. It's a little harsh at first, but after a little bit of driving and some launches, it will break in nicely. If you have an exhaust, you probably won't be able to hear the chatter. I can't unless I really listen for it.

I also have the AMS Stainless Clutch line and AMS Master Cylinder reinforcement ring. Both I would recommend when replacing the clutch.

It is my first twin, and I love it. I came from ACT street's and won't go back. I can launch time and time again, and it just holds.

sorry if im being dull here! I recently brought a evo and clutch has gone. im looking towards the exedy twin HD my self.
and I just wanted to know why you changed clutch line and master cylinder? (im no mechanic) but through seeking advice so far ive been told that when putting in the clutch to - adjust peddle - bleed the line properly - remove clutch pill and replace something with metal flexi?

can anyone clarify this?
also anything else you'd recommend changing or getting looked at, at the same time?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Evo 9 does not need the clutch master replaced. It comes with a metal master already. The X's need it replaced because they have a plastic CMC that brakes. Replacing the clutch line isn't required, but also isn't a bad idea on an 11yr old car.