Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

problems with my new evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy problems with my new evo

I'm a noob to evos and I just bought a new gsr and I'm having 2 issues with the car (well I at least think they are issues)

Issue 1: when I fully turn the wheel in either direction and drive my car makes this horrible sounding loud grinding/clucking/clicking noise... I dont see how this could be normal.

Issue 2: when I shift from 2nd to 3rd I hear and feel a violent grinding. And you feel the vibration through the stick. And yes I'm down on the clutch all the way. My car its new and has 1500miles on it and I don't see how this could be normal. And btw I was not moving at a light yesterday and the clutch was fully in and I was slowly shifting through the gears and I still got the vibration/grinding between 2 and 3...thought that was really strange

I appreciate any feedback/advice...my evo is 100% stock thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its a new X thats a 100% stock? Why wouldn't you just take it into the dealership and get a warranty repair made on it. They could diagnose it 100% and replace it for free...

Issue 2 sounds like the clutch isn't disengaged enough, it probably needs adjusted.

Take it to the dealer you bought it from.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

You should never turn a power rack to full lock in either direction.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

take it back to the deal bro. i think they had fun with the car before you bought it.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Definitely go back to the dealer and get some warranty work. Not normal.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the exact same issues since I bought my X back in march. For the grinding I waited till 3k and did a trans fluid change using redline mt90 the same time I did my oil. The shifting got a lot smoother but occasionally still grinds a little. There are also times when I go to park my car in the car port and in full lock I heard grinding. It goes away after a while but is intermittent. Other than that the car runs great.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah don't turn the wheel to the end. The other issue is normal per Mitsubishi, but we know it is not. I just changed my tranny, t-case and diff to Amsoil last night and it is much better.
Did a short throw, under hood bushings, base bushings and blox knob before, which did not seem to help. Check the sticky at the top of the turbo/drivet. page.

Also got RRE tune last night after the service. I love my car even more now.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by chriswolf81
Yeah don't turn the wheel to the end. The other issue is normal per Mitsubishi, but we know it is not. I just changed my tranny, t-case and diff to Amsoil last night and it is much better.
Did a short throw, under hood bushings, base bushings and blox knob before, which did not seem to help. Check the sticky at the top of the turbo/drivet. page.

Also got RRE tune last night after the service. I love my car even more now.
so your car also grinded between low gears?? and now its fine? and i did take it back to the dealer and left it there for the day. when i went to pick it up it didnt appear they even moved it and they proceeded to tell me they didnt hear anything... so does anyone know a dealer with a decent service dept. in the tri state area?? thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by buchnerj
Its a new X thats a 100% stock? Why wouldn't you just take it into the dealership and get a warranty repair made on it. They could diagnose it 100% and replace it for free...

Issue 2 sounds like the clutch isn't disengaged enough, it probably needs adjusted.

Take it to the dealer you bought it from.
i did take it to long island city mitsubishi and they claimed they didnt feel anything...and about adjusting the clutch theres a thread on this forum that states that you can't adjust the clutch on our cars
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Start a claim file with Mitsubishi USA and keep complaining over and over and keep taking it back. if you destroy your sync you can go to court with multiple reports.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Mits will not do anything. They will tell you, that it should go away after 8,000 miles or whatever. That just buys them time without complaining.

My notchiness is still there, but way better with fluid change. Now I can shift fine right away in the morning, before I could barely get it in and out of first until I drove a lil bit. You usually only get the notchiness on slow shifts. It is fine on WOT shifts. Fluids are only 80,- for Tranny, T-case and diff.