Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

clutch replacement problem

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question clutch replacement problem

I am in desperate need of help here!

I have done everything that is needed to replace the clutch...
Pulled transmission
Replaced clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and throwout bearing
Put transmission back up......BUT

the throwout will not connect back into the pressure plate!

Does anyone know if there is a trick to getting it to snap back on?

The control fork has plenty of space to move and the spring clip looks like it compresses just fine, but it wont snap on for some reason!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:58 AM

Just an update, if anyone is looking.....

Took everything back out to include clutch and PP. The ring on the back side of the PP for the spring compressor (holding the throw out bearing) slipped off so i put it back on and made sure that it was secure. I bolted everything back up and the throwout bearing engaged.

NOW......I have the problem that when i put it in gear and try to take off the car only barely goes no matter how much throttle i have. I believe that the throw out bearing is not fully disengaged when the clutch pedal is released. NOw i just need to figure out why it is doing that.....anyone got any ideas!??? I am losing my mind here since it have been sitting there for over a month with problems here and there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you bleed the line and adjust your pedal?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What clutch is it? I just spent a day troubleshooting with my mechanic the clutch install on my car. Figured it all out and she's good to go.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:12 AM

Sven: I did bleed the line about 8 times just to be sure constant pressure, however i was unaware that adjusting the pedal would do anything...I will give that a shot

It is a clutchmaster 6 puck stage 4 with the clutchmaster flywheel. (sorry don't know the numbers off hand)
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kiartiger
Sven: I did bleed the line about 8 times just to be sure constant pressure, however i was unaware that adjusting the pedal would do anything...I will give that a shot

It is a clutchmaster 6 puck stage 4 with the clutchmaster flywheel. (sorry don't know the numbers off hand)
I know what the problem is. I just went through this yesterday. Did the pressure plate come assembled with the "blitch clip" installed already? You are going to need to take the trans out again. I bet that it is not installed correctly. I just had his happen on my FX400 install. Can you push the clutch fork towards the flywheel with your hand? Do you hear it clicking?

Ther are 3 parts to the clip. A black ring with 3 tabs that sits on the pressure plate, 2 stacked wave springs and then the clip itself, which has a sprung ring on the flywheel side. When I got my clutch from Clutchmasters, this was not assembled in the correct order on the pressure plate.

Most likely the sprung ring has come off its fingers and is dangling between the pressure plate. This is what you are trying to engage the TB on to. You should be able to look through the upper vent hole and see what I am talking about. the only way to fix this is to drop the trans. I also used a factory sprung ring since the one supplied by CM was garbage.

If you want you can call me 727-647-2674.

Last edited by jordantii; Jun 24, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kiartiger
I am in desperate need of help here!

I have done everything that is needed to replace the clutch...
Pulled transmission
Replaced clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and throwout bearing
Put transmission back up......BUT

the throwout will not connect back into the pressure plate!

Does anyone know if there is a trick to getting it to snap back on?

The control fork has plenty of space to move and the spring clip looks like it compresses just fine, but it wont snap on for some reason!

Ok so the original post was the blitch clip since the backside fell off....I went ahead and disassembled everything again and re-attached everything needed and was careful with the install. The TB is connected to the clitch clip and i can push the clutch in and put it in gear but the pressure plate isn't forcing the clutch to have it in gear fully...I may be wrong and the clip might have fallen off again (considering i still hear that click noise that you were saying). I hate to take everything off again (this will be the 5th time) and it be ok but who knows....I may have to get a new blitch clip if it is not working correctly and is garbage like you say. Also i looked at the stock setup and made sure that I was correct in the positioning of the clip as well so i don't think that can be it.

I called you earlier (Jordanii) to see if i could discuss further but i got no answer and left a message.... if you can call me back at 505-917-2058