Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch pedal stuck

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 11:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clutch pedal stuck

Guessing the CMC took a ****, but anything else you guys suggest looking for? (I looked through past posts and google and everyone is like "CMC is gone").

Looking at Hollywoods how to install a new CMC and it looks "easy" it doesn't look like I have to drop the transmission which has me deceived.

I was also planning to go with MAP's CMC.

Recommendations? (I need to get this car going as soon as possible because it's how I get to work and get my kids to school, but I'm also broke).
Old May 11, 2017, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
OP- I moved this thread to the proper section for better visibility. From the sounds of it as you mentioned it could be the CMC as I know the X's had some issues with those. You can also check your slave cylinder. And of course look for visible fluid leaks and things of that nature. Good luck!
Old May 12, 2017, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasperin
Guessing the CMC took a ****, but anything else you guys suggest looking for? (I looked through past posts and google and everyone is like "CMC is gone").

Looking at Hollywoods how to install a new CMC and it looks "easy" it doesn't look like I have to drop the transmission which has me deceived.

I was also planning to go with MAP's CMC.

Recommendations? (I need to get this car going as soon as possible because it's how I get to work and get my kids to school, but I'm also broke).
95% sure your CMC took a dump. You'll have a choice of which cmc to get with the kit. Go with the OEM Evo IX cylinder and not the aftermarket one.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the slave, throw out bearing, and clutch fork. I changed my CMC thinking it was the only thing wrong with mine and come to find out my clutch fork had broken in half. Good luck, OP
Old Jun 6, 2017, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by akaOtherWise
Check the slave, throw out bearing, and clutch fork. I changed my CMC thinking it was the only thing wrong with mine and come to find out my clutch fork had broken in half. Good luck, OP
I have a clutch issue also. Clutch pedal isn't stuck but it won't go into any gears while the car is running. With the car off I can row thru all gears and reverse. Starting the car in gear and clutch pedal depressed, car lurches as if pedal isn't being pushed. What could it be?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by BrooklynsFinest
I have a clutch issue also. Clutch pedal isn't stuck but it won't go into any gears while the car is running. With the car off I can row thru all gears and reverse. Starting the car in gear and clutch pedal depressed, car lurches as if pedal isn't being pushed. What could it be?
CMC still has fluid and I don't see any leaks