Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

2008 evo x mr transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 evo x mr transmission problems

I have a 2008 evo x mr and last night and the night before I was driving and my car wouldn’t shift out of 2nd gear and when I tried to put it in reverse the “R” on the dash and shifter just blinked at me and acted like it was in neutral I put the car in park shut it off and started it again after a few minutes and everything worked fine any one know what’s the cause of this. Any thing helps thanks
Old Dec 20, 2018, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Cheapest option is to replace the oil and filter first.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
Cheapest option is to replace the oil and filter first.
yeah I was planning on doing that this weekend but didn’t want to spend the money if it was a bigger problem will post updates when I get them thanks
Old Jan 25, 2019, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

What happened?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 05:28 AM

What happened?
replaced fluids and filter hasn’t acted up since works great thanks for the advice
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
It's likely a bigger issue in the mechatronic unit or with the shift magnet forks. Start saving your peso's for a trans. You may have prolonged it's like some with fresh fluid, but be assured a failure is coming..
Old Sep 12, 2019, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
It's likely a bigger issue in the mechatronic unit or with the shift magnet forks. Start saving your peso's for a trans. You may have prolonged it's like some with fresh fluid, but be assured a failure is coming..

I had the same problem. It was shifting slow and even flashing several times when I was trying to go in reverse. so I took it to IVEY and they changed the oil and filter.

The car had 58XXX fun miles then.

Im now about to hit 18XXXX fun miles and I never had a problem with the trans in shifting since then :-)

also for the the record I did 3 oil/filter changes.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I had the same problem. It was shifting slow and even flashing several times when I was trying to go in reverse. so I took it to IVEY and they changed the oil and filter.

The car had 58XXX fun miles then.

Im now about to hit 18XXXX fun miles and I never had a problem with the trans in shifting since then :-)

also for the the record I did 3 oil/filter changes.
Your MR is at 180k and on original SST? What is your fluid change interval? Dont know if you meant 3 fluid/filter changes in total or since you had the issue at 58k.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 09:55 AM

When I use to park on a hill and shifted into reverse, the "R" would blink for a moment before engaging. I replaced the fluid and filter and it seemed to have resolved the issue. Until recently my T-case and tranny just went out. Don't know if it was like mentioned, that I was just buying time with a fluid change.