Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Posterboy
I don't know how I feel about having a third party cut my car open . I'd rather take it without the leather and sunroof but that's just my .02

I'm interested to see how this plays out..
Yeah, I'm wondering about it also. They said that they do it all the time, and a lot of dealers in Georgia use this company. I questioned them pretty heavy on it and they seemed sure about it. They said they do it just like the factory, and it will have all the functions of the factory one. I guess I will find out next week. I'll post how it goes and post some pictures of it when I can.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by R3VOLUTION
$7,000 in rebates

$1,500 below invoice
+$3,000 over allowance over trade ACV
=$4,500

$2,500 profit.
You're being a bit ambiguous with your numbers. I've searched far and wide for rebates and deals and I barely found any.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by qnet1987
Yeah, I'm wondering about it also. They said that they do it all the time, and a lot of dealers in Georgia use this company. I questioned them pretty heavy on it and they seemed sure about it. They said they do it just like the factory, and it will have all the functions of the factory one. I guess I will find out next week. I'll post how it goes and post some pictures of it when I can.
My major concern is the long term quality of their work. I really hope that it works for you though..
Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

You're being a bit ambiguous with your numbers. I've searched far and wide for rebates and deals and I didn't any.
I just quoted someone who stated the number of rebates he got a few pages back. I don't think 14's have that much though, it should only be 13's with that kinda juice.

It's just an example.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by R3VOLUTION
I just quoted someone who stated the number of rebates he got a few pages back. I don't think 14's have that much though, it should only be 13's with that kinda juice.

It's just an example.
Ahhh ok. Thanks dude
Old Jan 30, 2014, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Ahhh ok. Thanks dude
Don't worry, I generally don't say anything if someone got a raw deal. I spoke up so you're good
Old Jan 31, 2014, 06:26 AM

Sounds Like I need to do a little more waiting and little more Research. Congrats to those who have obtained their car will join you soon. I May be going outta my area to get my Evo.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 03:21 PM

Is 41,800 a good price for a new 2014 EVO X MR that stickers at $44,000? I suspect that this is a terrible price, as it does not include taxes.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 08:00 PM

went to look at a 2014 ww gsr with sight and sound package. dealer was offering $35k OTD which i think is pretty decent. decided to hold off on buying for now though unless they feel like trading my new winter tires for ones that fit the gsr haha. i'm not in any rush to buy a car so i'm going to take my time with it.

side note, i really prefer the plain head unit from the older models than the new 2014 touchscreen. also prefer the interior trim on the older models which didnt have that gloss black. i believe it was a grey mesh pattern, kind of like a fake carbon fiber.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by M Musashi
Is 41,800 a good price for a new 2014 EVO X MR that stickers at $44,000? I suspect that this is a terrible price, as it does not include taxes.
Kinda...maybe...is this for the touring package? what else comes with this price or is this for the base model like mine?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 09:35 AM

bought mine from ebay in 2012, 2010 evo x mr touring almost 20k miles cost me 30g
Old Feb 4, 2014, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by M Musashi
A $2,200 discount off MSRP isn't bad. That's basically invoice price.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I got my evo. I won't get it until next week because they had to get the color I wanted from another dealer. I got it for $37,851 OTD. I got a 2014 Cosmic Blue pearl GSR.

They couldn't find one with the leather and sunroof package with my color so, they are using a third-party to install the leather & sunroof for me. I was a little weary of this because I've heard horror stories about aftermarket sunroofs but they assured me that the company they use is very good, and they wouldn't put their reputation on the line putting inferior products in the new cars. They even showed me one of their cars that they had this done and it did look good. It's also warrantied for life (the sunroof).

Has anyone ever had a sunroof put in by the dealer? I did some reading on it and most people are weary of it but, I've read that the methods for doing this have improved. The dealer said they do it all the time. It didn't even seem like a big deal to them. When I looked at a Evo they had on the floor without a sunroof, it looks like there is a section of the roof that is thinner than the rest. it looks like just enough to put something there, like a sunroof. I've noticed this on other cars I've had also.

I think I got hosed a little because I didn't get all the other stuff with the sunroof & leather package, like the better stereo system, but they didn't seem to want to budge. I'm still happy that I'm getting the car anyway.
I suggest you back out of that.. I would NEVER allow anyone to cut a sunroof in my car. THE GSR has an aluminum roof unless you bought one with a sunroof. They're steel with a sunroof. This was a terrible idea I wouldn't do it.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
I suggest you back out of that.. I would NEVER allow anyone to cut a sunroof in my car. THE GSR has an aluminum roof unless you bought one with a sunroof. They're steel with a sunroof. This was a terrible idea I wouldn't do it.
I've researched it heavily and I even found out about the company who does the work. They are very reputable and do good work. From my understanding companies have come a long way from the old days of putting in aftermarket sunroofs.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:51 AM

I've researched it heavily and I even found out about the company who does the work. They are very reputable and do good work. From my understanding companies have come a long way from the old days of putting in aftermarket sunroofs.
He has his mind made up. Best of luck dude

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)