Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealership Is Pissing Me Off Hardcore!!! Please Read And HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cherry hill triplex and bell both appear to have white with sss+aero
maybe you should go for that? or just get non-sss... i seriously doubt you will miss the headlights/speakers/and spoiler that much
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 944guy
i seriously doubt you will miss the headlights/speakers/and spoiler that much
Says you!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Watch the swearing here. Let the filter (i.e. ********) do its job.
im sorry man...im just so pissed/furious about everythign.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
so your saying just go with the none SSS?
no it is your choice really. it's your car. i have a base evo because i don't care for all the other stuff. i only thing i wish i had was an HID setup but i don't really care that much.

fast key is cool but i have a cleaner looking truck lid without it. fast key would be a lot cooler if it were push button start and not the silly fake key in the ignition.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dek0026
no it is your choice really. it's your car. i have a base evo because i don't care for all the other stuff. i only thing i wish i had was an HID setup but i don't really care that much.

fast key is cool but i have a cleaner looking truck lid without it. fast key would be a lot cooler if it were push button start and not the silly fake key in the ignition.
thats why im debating on getting it without it and save some good chunk of cash. then put in HID's myself and speaker myself and have more money on the side.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
imo a factory upgraded stereo is never ever better than putting one together yourself from crutchfield.

having a low wing isn't a big issue for me either plus i get NO attention from anybody who i don't want it from which is a whole lot nicer when coming from a loud car with a big wing before.

you may miss the nav but there are a few that have put aftermarket units in and they look good and like i said crutchfield has far better units for the price.

fast key is cool like i said but you still get keyless entry without it so no biggie. if it were like the lexus setup then maybe i'd be a little jealous.

i am not saying sss sucks but it is a lot of money for things that you could do better for less cash. the only big things you be missing are HIDs and the big wing. i personally care more about wheels and exhaust and performance of my car than how big the wing is. if the big wing were more like the viii and ix's wings then i most likely want that since that is so specific to an evo.

your choice. your car.

Last edited by dek0026; Apr 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I did not get the SSS package because I wanted the money for mods. Don't miss the stereo, don't miss the wing (cop magnet), never had fast key so don't miss it ...the only thing I miss is the HIDs. At some point I will figure out a way to get that worked out.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

This happened to me when I was buying my SSL Evo 8. I wanted Electric blue, with no miles. (3-5 miles, whatever the amount is when it first hits the lot)

First the dealer tried to sell me the auto show car and not tell me. I did not want the Evo that sat on the Chicago auto show floor and has everyone beating the crap out of it.

They then said they had a brand new one at another dealer and were going to do a dealer trade. I tricked one of the sales people into giving me the name of the dealer the trade was coming from, and I went to see it. First off it was sitting under 8 inches of snow, second it had 35 miles on it.

So I went into the dealer on a late February weekend in 2005, and they had both the auto show car and car with 35+ miles car (more at that point since they drove it from the other dealer) professionally detailed and sitting in the back room. They assumed if they had a spectacular presentation, they would make me cave.

What happened next was a mental beat down of all parties involved at the dealer. I was calm but clearly let them know my anger level, and how they had screwed up. I had already agreed on an extended price. I qualified for financing. My trade was appraised. All they had to do was get me an Electric Blue 2005 Evo VIII with the SSL package. I didnt even have a time frame! I told them whenever they got it, that would be fine. They still couldnt get it right!

After letting them know my displeasure and that I would not take either of the identical cars they had there, the dealer agreed to order a brand new car to my spec from Mitsu's holding yard in Washington. They called the dealer owner's son (who I believe was responsible for Evo orders) and I literally heard him cursing me out on the phone. He was screaming so loud I head it across the room over the normal headset, it wasnt even on speaker.

At this point I told them I was done and was going to walk across the street to Subaru and buy an STI. They apologized, and I accepted. I had bought my Lancer OZ there and had some good experiences, plus I couldnt get a sun roof on the STI, haha.

Needless to say, they got me the car I wanted with no miles on it about a month later. They didnt even drive it to get gas. The dealer almost screwed up again though. As I sat there with my parents (my father co-signed to get a better finance rate, this was only a few months after I graduated from Purdue so my credit was not what it is today), the finance guy started lecturing me about how I blew it not getting one of the cars they had a month earlier because I lost out on free maintinence for x number of years. I really wanted that car though, and I figured leaving the dealer with three identical cars would be a bit much.

Believe it or not, this was/is the best Mitsu dealer in the area, the rest were not even close on price nor would they let me order the car I wanted; they would only do dealer trades.

Why did I tell this story? Its your money, demand the exact car you want. Especially in todays economy, they should be bending over backwards for people willing to buy. Do not let them upgrade another car, walk away if its not right. Grab a $2000 beater if you need a car that bad in the mean time. You will be happier in the end with the exact car you want.

Last edited by Tristar; Apr 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

just tell them to give you HID's for free. factory stereos suck, also for the money they're charging you to install the audio and all that other junk you can go to a professional audio shop and replace all your speakers and add a custom sub box to youur trunk. wingless looks better too(imo). so to sum it up just have em install HID's and discount you for everything else. you'll save some cash and if you evere feel your audio is under par(or you can't hear it because of your exhaust) upgrade it with higher qquality components
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

The SSS pkg is a must in my opinion. The fast key plus the other goodies are great. But I will say maybe look at a diff color with the same options. The paint on the X sucks ,its real thin and scratches easily. Maybe get the options you want, and paint later?? just my .02 cents
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

I love the fast key, hid headlights, and raise in the spoiler. I personally don't like the spoiler with a stock raise, and the stereo system isn't that great, you can build a better system. I don't look back on my decision fast key, hid, spoiler made it all worth it everything else was extra..... I personally wouldn't wan't the dealership to install the package, I'd rather the package be pre installed.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
i agree with get the car u want! its ur car and it should be exactly what u want. or else u will never be completely happy with ur car.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Do you guys think a dealer could install an SSS package on a none SSS vehicle and make it look factory??
I would not trust SSS being installed after the fact. I would rather have a car with SSS and not aero, and have the aero installed later. Too many times to electronics fail

Most salespeople at dealers suck! (Most, not all) They will tell you anything to get you into their dealership. Its a fact that a lot of people end up settling for features, or colors they dont want because of misconstrued information. This happened to me at the 3 dealerships I first went to, they told me some information about cars they "had" and magically when I appeared, it didnt exist. Also, the first dealer that I went to 2 times, thinking everything was Straight, I got there, they had everything set up for me to have my car "delivered" and this is after I spent 2 weeks returning my car back to stock. They originally guarenteed me 18k as a trade in for my 03 viii, but when it came time to signing papers, that 18k turned to 12k. ......... arguing after arguing, it went up to 14k, I walked out the door, he called the next day offering me 15k, but by that time i had been to another 3 dealerships and already picked up my X from a dealer that didnt BS me.

Blah blah blah... Dont settle on a car that you dont want. If there are certain features you want, get them. In the long run, you will be happy you waited.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
im sorry man...im just so pissed/furious about everythign.
I understand.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Get what you want and don't let the dealer force you to do otherwise. Alternatively, if you were to sacrifice what you want, I would choose a different color but get the SSS, etc.

In the end, it's your money, your car, and your decision.

Quick Reply: Dealership Is Pissing Me Off Hardcore!!! Please Read And HELP!!