Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealership Is Pissing Me Off Hardcore!!! Please Read And HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Just go find another dealership. If those guys are that shady do you really want to give them your money? Buying a car out of state is easy these days.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
If I were you I would be as patient as possible until you find the right one. I looked around for about 6 months until I found my 05 SSL with with 7000 miles. Good luck be patient and I know you will not regret it.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they should be able to find this car and have it shipped to you. i dont know what kind of people are working at the dealer you are having trouble with.. but when i went to the dealer they didn't even have a manual on the lot. so that was strike one. additionally, they didn't have any that were fully loaded. strike 2. so i basically had no concept of what it felt like to drive the 5 speed with all the options. so the owner came over to me and asked what color i wanted(rotor glow) and he got on the phone with a guy at the mitsu port in baltimore and found the car, had it shipped the next day. he told me i had no obligation to buy, needed no down payment or anything, he just did what he needed to do just to get me to come back and look at the car since he had none available. A week later i paid INVOICE for the exact car i wanted. the car had 3 miles on it when i picked it up. this was a family dealership in pittsburgh and they did whatever they could to sell me the car that i wanted, not what was convenient for them. i got lucky with these guys, if it only takes 1 phone call and a 5 minute conversation to find the right car you should take your business elsewhere. (note: my original trip to the dealer was around 9pm when they were closing and they stayed late to make sure they found the car before i left the lot. some people just know how to own a business and help out the consumer instead of doing the least they can to make a sale.) the packages are all worth the money, awesome sound system, bright HID's, and i already posted on the FAST key. phenomenal. ignore my previous post and buy the car you want. good luck, love to help if possible.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boxerguy56
what dealership was this, by the way? just curious...
mitsubishi in randolph on rt. 10
Old Apr 24, 2009, 05:14 PM
FLK
Evolved Member

Don't do it, they screwed you. If you really must get a GSR WW with SSS your only choice is to wait for the MY2010, unless miraculously one shows up somewhere.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

i am going to settle with the non SSS. i rather have a white evo without SSS than a different color with SSS. I can change out most of the stuff like the sound system and make it better than the SSS sound system. The only thing i can't go back on is going to be the "fast-key" which i can live without. The HID's i can always get down the line. And i can find someone selling a white SSS wing hopefully.

I just got back from 6th ave. my boy is hooking me up and im doing full JL speakers, JL 10" sub (im not crazy bout bass so i just wanted something comparable to a factory sub and this will be better anyway), alpine amp, kenwood double din with navi/dvd/ipod. Even if i got SSS the navi package is seperate so i would of bought the kenwood piece too.

That will sound better than the SSS sound system anyway. the wing like i said i can find. HID's down the road i'll get. and the fast-key i can car-less.

i rather get a white evo so i think this is my best bet...cause if i settle for another color i will prob regret it down the road but after doing all the upgrades i should regret less not getting the SSS.

dealer told me the car will be ready to get picked up monday or tuesday...to me that means tuesday.

wish me luck...i think this is the better choice for me.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 06:48 PM
FLK
Evolved Member

omigawd, you will be faced with eternal regret soon enough

but goodluck with it
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

The bigger problem is why does the Evo have 88 miles on it???? When I was buying my Evo back in Jan 09 the closest WW was in Georgia (I live in NY). I highly highly doubt any dealership got new shipment since then because they were all trying to get rid of the ridiculous amount of Evos in their inventory. My guess is that WW evo w/ 88 miles on it was special ordered by someone and he drove it for a week and decided he didnt want it and traded it in for something else. I also think the other one the dealer promised you w/ 3000 miles on it was in a similar situation. If I were you I'd question the 88 miles. But otherwise theres nothing wrong with no SSS. The spoiler you can easily pick up here for pretty cheap, the rockford sound system is nothing amazing, any aftermarket would be the same or better. THe only thing you would be missing out on is the HID projector housing which is expensive and also the fast key.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
i am going to settle with the non SSS. i rather have a white evo without SSS than a different color with SSS. I can change out most of the stuff like the sound system and make it better than the SSS sound system. The only thing i can't go back on is going to be the "fast-key" which i can live without. The HID's i can always get down the line. And i can find someone selling a white SSS wing hopefully.

I just got back from 6th ave. my boy is hooking me up and im doing full JL speakers, JL 10" sub (im not crazy bout bass so i just wanted something comparable to a factory sub and this will be better anyway), alpine amp, kenwood double din with navi/dvd/ipod. Even if i got SSS the navi package is separate so i would of bought the kenwood piece too.

That will sound better than the SSS sound system anyway. the wing like i said i can find. HID's down the road i'll get. and the fast-key i can car-less.

i rather get a white evo so i think this is my best bet...cause if i settle for another color i will prob regret it down the road but after doing all the upgrades i should regret less not getting the SSS.
I think you are doing what a number of guys have done who bought base Evo X's, which is underestimating the true cost to upgrade these components. The HID's alone, if you do them right, will cost you 1k+ and still you may never be able to fix the DRL issue. Fast key is really awesome to have and makes it feel a little more like a $30K car. Yes, you can buy the SSS spoiler from someone for $200-300 but then you may have to paint match, which is more $$$ and hassle. With just those 3 components, you have justified the cost, time saved, and hassle of getting the SSS package from the jump versus doing it afterward. Plus I got the Navi off another member for less than $1K installed, and it really enhances the completeness of the car's interior significantly. Do not compromise on this, you will regret it as long as you own this Evo X, if you do.

Last edited by turbotortuga; Apr 24, 2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbotortuga

I think you are doing what a number of guys have done who bought base Evo X's, which is underestimating the true cost to upgrade these components. The HID's alone, if you do them right, will cost you 1k+ and still you may never be able to fix the DRL issue. Fast key is really awesome to have and makes it feel a little more like a $30K car. Yes, you can buy the SSS spoiler from someone for $200-300 but then you may have to paint match, which is more $$$ and hassle. With just those 3 components, you have justified the cost, time saved, and hassle of getting the SSS package from the jump versus doing it afterward. Plus I got the Navi off another member for less than $1K installed, and it really enhances the completeness of the car's interior signifigantly. Do not compromise on this, you will regret it as long as you own this Evo X, if you do.
fast key to me i dont care much for. i had an evo ix and when i got the g37 it had so many luxuy features that the ix didn't have. the x has plenty still that i like. the G didnt even have that fast key. im not that lazy so im OK with opening the doors myself. HID's i agree are great and i will def miss them as i had them in my G and in my IX, but down the line i will find a way to put them in. sss spoiler like you said i will get from someone eventually. the sound system i have my boy who works at 6th ave and he's hooking me up with JL speakers all around, JL sub, alpine amp. And i am gettinga kenwood head-unit which i would have gotten anyway because i got the none navi evo x from the begining.

so in the end i can say i am happy with my decision. basically because my options were a different color with sss or white without sss and i would have regretting getting a different color even if it had sss.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
The bigger problem is why does the Evo have 88 miles on it????
It's almost the middle of 2009 and you're asking why a 2008 model car has EIGHTY-EIGHT miles on it? As one sales manager at a dealer in the North East said, you'll be lucky to find brand new 2008's nowadays as most she searched had 100+ miles.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

I bought mine in 2009...my Evo had 10 miles on it. You should NEVER trust what a sales manager at a stealership says, I learned that the hard way. They will literally says anything for you to buy the car. Been there done that, salesmen at dealerships are scum.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

hopefully they are giving you a hella of discount to get that non sss of their hand
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Personally I think, the SSS package is too much work to be installed, but I do know its possible because South Coast had offered to install it for me.

I ended up just buying another X that already had SSS package. Its nice to have it, but also not something I'd miss not having. The wing is nice, but all the rest is just extra weight to me. Just my 2 cents.

You should just go else where to find the X that you want. South Cost might be able to help you out on that one. Don't settle for a lesser X, because everyday after, you're going to feel bad that you settled for something less than you wanted.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:38 PM

I can't believe that you would even consider buying from the same dealership! I would get another color with SSS package, and then have that dealership take 2 thousand off the price and use that money to get it painted white. It would be easier to paint the car white than putting in all that other stuff yourself. Good Luck with whatever you do though.

Part of having a new car is enjoying it from the GET=GO, when you leave that dealership without getting what you asked for, you will be unsatisfied from the start.

Quick Reply: Dealership Is Pissing Me Off Hardcore!!! Please Read And HELP!!