Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealership Is Pissing Me Off Hardcore!!! Please Read And HELP!!

Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this goes out to everyone who says...don't get it without the SSS or don't settle for less or you won't be satisfied.

you guys are acting like if you wanted the SSS and you don't get it its life or death and your never gonna be happy. i looked into it. i'll repeat myself. i can careless about fast key. none of my cars had that...not even the G. the sound system if you guys missed already im going to 6th ave and my boy is hooking me up with everything, JL speakers all around, 10" JL sub, alpine amp, kenwood double din/dvd/navi/ipod. that will rape a SSS sound system. the spoiler i'll find eventually when someone sells one. the HID's i agree are great and i will miss not having them but i'll get them down the line. there for im only not gonna have fast-key. to me...no biggie.

and yes...it is nearly...if not, impossible to find a white evo x gsr with sss/aero.
i am settleing for this because i will regret not getting white more than not getting the sss package. this is obviously my opinion because alot of people here are gonna be against me and say you should of got sss...but then it comes down to getting another color.

in the end im satisfied with my decision. but thanks everyone for your input.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Go with another dealer. You can dealer trade with any other dealer.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOX_SPEED3
I can't believe that you would even consider buying from the same dealership! I would get another color with SSS package, and then have that dealership take 2 thousand off the price and use that money to get it painted white. It would be easier to paint the car white than putting in all that other stuff yourself. Good Luck with whatever you do though.

Part of having a new car is enjoying it from the GET=GO, when you leave that dealership without getting what you asked for, you will be unsatisfied from the start.
you just contradicted yourself. you said i shouldn't put the stuff in myself because then i won't be happy from the get go when i leave the dealership. but you just told me to get a another color evo than what i wanted so leaving the dealership with the color i don't want is fine? lol
i rather upgrade the sound sytem myself and eventually get a sss wing and HID's (even if they aren't factory).

i rather have white non sss than a different color sss. again this is my opinion. other people might want the sss and not matter what color. to me the color was more important than having sss.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Why did I tell this story? Its your money, demand the exact car you want. Especially in todays economy, they should be bending over backwards for people willing to buy.
Dealers should only bend over backwards for people that let us MAKE money. If you grind a dealer down to where they are making nothing. Why in the hell should they want do do anything for you
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BostonEvo
Dealers should only bend over backwards for people that let us MAKE money. If you grind a dealer down to where they are making nothing. Why in the hell should they want do do anything for you
Oh please, dont act like dealers are the victims.

In my case, I agreed to a fair price for all parties, qualified for financing, was very specific about my car, and gave them an unlimited time table to deliver. Dealers should bend over backwards for customers that are that simple.

To this day, even though I had my troubles getting the car, I still recommend the dealer and sales person to anyone looking for a Mitsu. They have sold a number of cars to friends, family, and people I barely know all with my reference.

Make us money? So you are a dealer? Good luck in todays economy with the attitude you displayed above.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
you just contradicted yourself. you said i shouldn't put the stuff in myself because then i won't be happy from the get go when i leave the dealership. but you just told me to get a another color evo than what i wanted so leaving the dealership with the color i don't want is fine? lol
i rather upgrade the sound sytem myself and eventually get a sss wing and HID's (even if they aren't factory).

i rather have white non sss than a different color sss. again this is my opinion. other people might want the sss and not matter what color. to me the color was more important than having sss.
That's not what he said... He was saying that if the dealer is willing to install the SSS in one car (likely very expensive process) then they are probably willing to REPAINT another color car with SSS. Drive off the lot in a freshly painted WW SSS/Aero GSR.

But if you are already sure you are fine without the SSS, then just get this other one coming in. The only thing you are really going to miss is the factory HIDs (no, you won't be able to do those later, I don't think) but you can do aftermarket HIDs that won't be quite as good, but still nice... And the fast key... Fast key is really cool, but totally not worth the rest of the hassle. If they made it a separate 200 dollar option, I'd say to do it right away. I know you didn't have it, and can live without it... But it is really cool.

But, also not worth it. In short, from how you sound: Just get this one coming in, but make sure you get a good deal on it after al the hassle!

Originally Posted by BostonEvo
Okay, you're allowed to make 1000 off of me, max, ever. And yet you still insist on being super douchy and dodgy and trying to charge me as much as possible. I had a dealer here tell me that they could get me 350/mo at 60 months on a brand new '09 STi with BBS wheels. I went in because of that (turns out that was what they used to get people in) and then found out it was more like 500/mo. And that was after a 20k valued trade-in!

Dealers should bend over backwards to people like me, who realize the dealers want to make money, and want to make the dealer money, but you don't need to profit more than 1k off of me, and yet you almost always insist on making 3k+
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

I think the Evos come base, to the U.S. They only difference is the colors. I believe the cars are outfitted at the port of entry with whatever options the dealer requests. We ordered ours the way we wanted it. The dealership added the codes, to a OB they had slated to come to their dealership, and the Bmore port installed them. SO it shouldn't be too difficult, or costly for your dealership to do.

My Mitsu Dealership is really cool, They kept me updated with the postition of the boat, as it travelled to Baltimore MD, from Japan it was really neat. They told me when the Car was unloaded from the boat, and they contacted the port to rush customs, and slate mine first for installation of options, because I was waiting on the car. About 4 days later, the truck dropped it off, and we were there when they delivered it! It was cool to see it being driven off the delivery truck! When we got it it had everything we wanted freshly installed. sorry to hear about your experience. Weve bought 4 mitsubishi's from them not a problem, bescides minor stuff.
05 EVO VIII traded for X
06 EVO IX
07 Outlander XLS
08 EVO X

Last edited by D420mac; Apr 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id go with a factory SSS package just because dealerships suck, factory>them big time
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:44 PM

and yes...it is nearly...if not, impossible to find a white evo x gsr with sss/aero. i am settling for this because i will regret not getting white more than not getting the sss package. this is obviously my opinion because alot of people here are gonna be against me and say you should of got sss...but then it comes down to getting another color.

As a current Evo X owner, I am telling you that adding OEM quality HID's at any point in the future is going to cost you a grip. Maybe even close to the invoice price of the entire SSS package factory installed. And they are not going to be warrantied by Mitsu, which opens up a never-ending can of worms in itself. Just take a peek at the "Non-HID --> HID Base Evo X" thread. And the only clean dash kit out right now that is worth a damn is the JDM dash kit, which is going to cost you $250, plus the cost of your aftermarket stereo system. It just adds up from there man.

Regardless, looking around on cars.com, and autotrader, I must defer to your statement. It seems as if you waited little too late in the game to get a 2008 WW GSR SSS. I don't think I saw any on cars.com at all, which is surprising. This is what I feared would happen to me if I had waited any later in the year to get my Evo X. WW and PB are the two most popular colors in the GSR, but I think WW is THE most popular color by far. I flew 800 miles away to get the best deal on my Evo X I could find at the time, and in your case, you would either have to travel clear across the country, have it shipped to you, or buy a used one with low miles. Or you could wait a few months for the 2010 Evo X to come out and get exactly the car you want for a little more.

Since WW is in such low supply, I am willing to beat that your deal is not especially fantastic. Especially if the dealership has to buy your car from some other dealership. Usually 10K off [8K with the 0%] the msrp used to be the going price a month or so ago, but now it is probably dealer invoice minus any rebates you qualify for, and maybe they will give you the dealer cash as well, if they are particularly desperate to get rid of the car. Honestly, if you are sure about a base WW GSR, then I say go for it, but I am pretty certain that you will be catching some buyer's remorse sooner than you think. So with that being said...I hereby reserve the right to the eventual "I told you so"! But I still would try to use a different dealership, those guys don't sound as if they are very professional at all. Just take a day off and drive down to pick it up yourself.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Turbotortuga, I agree with you!! I paid $42,000 for mine in April 08. The prices now are so low now, you can find good deals, but tat the same time everyone else that has money knows this and they are buying them up. Get the 2010
Old Apr 25, 2009, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D420mac
Turbotortuga, I agree with you!! I paid $42,000 for mine in April 08. The prices now are so low now, you can find good deals, but tat the same time everyone else that has money knows this and they are buying them up. Get the 2010
You paid what? For a base GSR? Tell me it had SSS and nav! And that was OTD with no down payment.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

The SSS package was easily the best option I've ever added to a vehicle, and the price is incredibly reasonable. The HIDs are excellent, the stereo is well above anything else you can get in this class, and the spoiler is decent (though I often wish I could have taken the smaller spoiler). The FAST key was basically a free bonus to me when I was buying (price of aftermarket HIDs + stereo > package price), and ended up being "The best feature I never knew I wanted." I was amazed how something that sounds so minor and pointless can make such a huge difference on a day-to-day basis.

In any case, I can't believe you're actually giving that dealership your business. I would have walked. In fact, I got a similar run around when hunting my WW SSS and walked out of 2 dealerships before buying at South Coast all the way on the other side of the country. You're just reinforcing their bad behavior.

As a note:
i can careless about fast key.
See attachment
Attached Thumbnails Dealership Is Pissing Me Off Hardcore!!! Please Read And HELP!!-i-could-care-less.jpg  
Old Apr 25, 2009, 05:59 AM

This thread sucks GSR FTW you cry baby
Old Apr 25, 2009, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this goes out to everyone who says...don't get it without the SSS or don't settle for less or you won't be satisfied.

you guys are acting like if you wanted the SSS and you don't get it its life or death and your never gonna be happy. i looked into it. i'll repeat myself. i can careless about fast key. none of my cars had that...not even the G. the sound system if you guys missed already im going to 6th ave and my boy is hooking me up with everything, JL speakers all around, 10" JL sub, alpine amp, kenwood double din/dvd/navi/ipod. that will rape a SSS sound system. the spoiler i'll find eventually when someone sells one. the HID's i agree are great and i will miss not having them but i'll get them down the line. there for im only not gonna have fast-key. to me...no biggie.

and yes...it is nearly...if not, impossible to find a white evo x gsr with sss/aero.
i am settleing for this because i will regret not getting white more than not getting the sss package. this is obviously my opinion because alot of people here are gonna be against me and say you should of got sss...but then it comes down to getting another color.

well enjoy it. i felt like a douche with my post earlier justifying not getting what you really wanted. but i definitely agree with WW being the major factor in this. i couldn't be happier with my choice in color. now it seems i like all cars in white.

what dealer in philly.

base evos ftw!

i do agree with above that is thread sucks. it has gone on way too much with too many opinions, including mine.

Last edited by dek0026; Apr 25, 2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Fully loaded, and OTD, we traded in the paid off EVO VIII 05, for $19,500, I paid off the ramaining balance of the car in 5 months the total for the pay off was $22,000, meaning I paid $41,500. Remember this was before the economy crash, a month after they were in the East Coast and we purchased the second EVO X from the Dealership. It was way before all of the price cuts, and 0% financing that Mitsibishi put on the EVO's when the Gas prices rose, and the ecomomy soured. It was a good deal at the time.

Another thing to remember is the prices run higher in our Area Maryland because EVO's were in Demand. Our EVO VIII trade in was sold a week later. I priced the EVO X's in GA while we were on vacation and they were $2000 cheaper, but we went with the MD dealership because of our long lasting relationship. Were Very happy with our decision. Although if we had waited another 6 months the prices dropped considerably, and we would have gotten a better deal.

I got a great deal on my TB EVO IX MR in 06. I paid $36,600 cash OTD, fully loaded, with appearence package. From the same dealership.

Over all I'm satisfied the Evo's are paid off, and we enjoy the heck out of them. They are the best cars I've ever owned! The handling on the X still blows my mind!

Lastly I highly recommend the Outlander XLS we own an 07 as well. Great power on the V6, paddle shifters are cool, and fairly roomy for a smaller SUV.

+1 for Jerry's Mitsubishi Towson Maryland!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership Is Pissing Me Off Hardcore!!! Please Read And HELP!!