Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

still love it?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my X yesterday and so far have driven mostly on the freeway (300 miles now). It's a blast and certainly has a unique character compared to other cars I've driven in the past. My wife and I also have an 06 BMW Z4 3.0si. The engine power delivery is certainly not as smooth as the BMW, but it pulls hard once the turbo works its magic. I guess I'm just used to the refined engine note and smoothness of the Z4, but so far... I'm loving the X. It has been THE "dream car" eversince I first saw it on The Fast & Furious 2.

Only downside is my wife is starting to complain about the stiff ride (she prefers luxury than performance /yawn). She even tried driving it today, but after half a mile, I had to take over. The tranny didn't like her driving style LOL.

Last edited by tipoytm; May 17, 2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old May 19, 2009, 07:30 PM

Had it since July and it was missing something till I added the BORLA catback now I drive it more than the S2000 but if I had to choose the S2000 would stay and the EVO would go. No reason other than the sound of VTEC on the back straight of any track
Old May 19, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

here's my take. love it if i dont mess with it i.e mod it. the more i mess with her the more she..i say dont like it. for example. she was running good until i decide to get a ecu a/f reading from a known tuner to find out that Works lock my ecu and sent my ecu to limp mode. i had the car towed to where i got the Works flash and paid $90 to just get a basic flash and have my car working again. so this point ive lost my original tune/ flash and my car runs like crap. now im paying another shop to have it tune and dyno'd again! so lesson learned, dont mess with a good thing.

besides that i love it hahaha, no paint, tranny, hood latch issues...yet(knock on wood)
Old May 19, 2009, 08:21 PM

Almost creeping up to a year with the X, just got it tuned last month by AMS and I love it even more. Though the only thing I do dislike, which has been said countless times again is the paint quality. But meh.. I've learned to deal with it.
Old May 20, 2009, 02:51 AM
Evolving Member

evo x...i came from a g37s....degraded..sigh..but nothing to regret i love my X
Old May 20, 2009, 08:38 AM

love my car its my dd and its the best car ive had haha
Old May 20, 2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by MSD EvoVlll113
love my car its my dd and its the best car ive had haha
good to hear! however, that begs the question, "what cars have u previously owned?"
Old May 20, 2009, 05:38 PM

3 months/2500 miles and still in love...

Traded in my 2004 WRX (bone stock). And truthfully I would probably be driving an STI right now if it had not been for the great deal on the X.
Old May 21, 2009, 06:24 PM

just had mitsu take care of my hood latch recall and my ecu reflash......i luv it even more now...lol
Old May 21, 2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ibognar
Absolutely love it.

Would bring it to bed with me if I could get it up the stairs.
my brothers Z4 rattles too. My youngest brothers IS350 is a lil older than my X MR and have some of the same issues. I think it is not just Mitsu, all brands have to deal with some of the same problems due to wear and tare.

But compare to both of my brothers rides, My MR is the fastest, best looking, arguably most comfy and most of all cost the LEAST. so yea. haters will always be haters. =]