Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

still love it?

Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by endGameXIII
i'm assuming you're gay because it takes that for you to appreciate every guy to drool on your car.
That's kinda mean, but sadly true.

I don't regret my X purchase at all, especially with the sweet 0% financing, which really was a huge factor in my purchase. Consider that you'd add another $5K or so in interest on competing vehicles, it truly makes a difference when I can dump it into mods that will make the X shine over the STI, rather than give it to the bank.

Although I haven't had a major issue with Mitsubishi yet, I did have to go back to the dealership I purchased from 5 times just to get a simple, 20 minute fix for a passenger door rattle. It wasn't a typical noise and it was so horrendous at times, I could hear it over a blaring radio. But they refused to acknowledge it several times, despite my complaints. Eventually, they heard it and fixed it quickly. They could've just done it in the time it took for me to go to the dealership one way. Heck, I should've done it myself, but I figured, "It's under warranty, why bother?" Never going back to that place again.

The issues have been stated time and time again: MPG, cabin noise, rough clutch, etc. but despite it all, I'm happy to make the payment on the car every month because every time I take the car out, I love it more. No regrets here.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
An STi

Just not a Mitsu, ever again, unless it is used and well over 30k, and I'm prepared to deal with the... consequences. Then maybe I'd pick up a IX for a track car... maybe.

X is a great car for sure, but I won't buy one that is within "warranty" range, Mitsu screwed me over, and I'm never giving that up.
so what is the whole story behind the evo? i just wanna know everything as to why you got it to why mitsu fu**** you over and why you got rid of it?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by ibognar
Absolutely love it.

Would bring it to bed with me if I could get it up the stairs.

omg lmao....
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Had mine for 8 months, I love it more and more every second even while looking at it - haven't even modded or taken it to the track, but still love every moment with my X. It makes being stuck in work-commute time traffic enjoyable LOL

Absolutely no regrets - there's no other car I'd consider to take its place.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Was just thinking about this today.

Walked out to the parking lot to get my sunglasses and I smiled because in a lot full of nice cars, I loved mine the best. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about how awesome the car is.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 09:04 PM

as much of a pain in the neck it is to be changing my clutch right now......i wouldn't trade it for any other car.....well maybe a really expensive one but then i'd just trade it in for one of every color X there is. I would have a different evo to drive every day.

oh yeah and i realize my comment ^ there was a little delayed but dammit i can't catch every funny comment.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 09:14 PM
Account Disabled

I've had mine since Jan. '08 (1st person to own one on this board) and I still go out to my garage at night just to look at it.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Ive had my Evo for almost 6 months now... 10k miles... daily driver.. drive 80 miles a day 4 times a week..

Absolutely no problems! (knock on wood) The only thing is the paint... but thats nothing really...

I got my Evo at Southcoast so no problems at all... My dash doesnt rattle, my seats are still good... and all my lights work...

I love my Evo.. hands down im not dissapointed at all. I would get another one if i could for my g/f.... If i didnt have the Evo.. prolly the 370z
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my Evo X for 8 months to the day, and it has about 12,000 miles on it. I don't regret it at all and I would buy the same car if I had to do it all over again. It looks great and drives like nothing else. Sure, there is that paranoia that sets in every once in a while when you hear a weird noise or feel something strange as you consider that your car is falling apart and doesn't have a warranty, but that doesn't change how much I love the car.

There's nothing quite like an Evo. Get one!
Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:03 PM

alright guys thanks for the help. i guess i am totally getting an evo
i actually have a test drive for a 2009 evo x gsr Phantom black in a couple days that i wana buy
only issue im havin is that the new 09's have 5.8% and im liek eff that, im gonna look around for a 2008 so that the interest rate is bak to 1.8% is it worth it? or go for the 09 cuz ill be the only dude on here wit one . my payments are gonna be only 50$ more for the new one
so i dunno guys what do u you thinkk??
Old Apr 30, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chopstixx
alright guys thanks for the help. i guess i am totally getting an evo
i actually have a test drive for a 2009 evo x gsr Phantom black in a couple days that i wana buy
only issue im havin is that the new 09's have 5.8% and im liek eff that, im gonna look around for a 2008 so that the interest rate is bak to 1.8% is it worth it? or go for the 09 cuz ill be the only dude on here wit one . my payments are gonna be only 50$ more for the new one
so i dunno guys what do u you thinkk??
I think you should go with the 08 to save yourself some money. I think the only differences between the 08 and 09 are RalliArt tail lights, and a different cup holder. Both of those things can be picked up relatively inexpensively and easily retrofitted into the 08 models.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

All I have to say is, "It's an EVO!"

Still love it
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

I've had it since March 2nd of last month. Still love it. Still just stare at it. Love to drive it.
Only problem is I love the car so much that I'm way too conservative with the miles. I usually just drive it one day of the weekend.

If it wasn't this car it'd probably be an 07 STI with very few miles... 08 STI GTFO!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chopstixx

Black?

Enjoy the scratches. I've owned black cars before...never again. Too much work keeping them nice looking.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolvedVIII
I still go out to my garage at night just to look at it.
I always look back on mine after walking away.

Search this Thread