Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

still love it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsbevo
And the reason you're hanging around an Evo X forum is because ....

Anyway, back on topic... I love my X more than I first bought it 8 months ago, because of all the mods that has been added since.
Okay, I'll give someone saying it is an Evo forum, but an Evo X forum?

And if you read my full post, you'd see I used to have an Evo. I don't think you understood my post... I wasn't knocking the X at all... Just said I like the looks of the new STi more.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

I love it. No regrets and i wont buy another car. Im evo addicted. It handles like a dream and gets looks all the time. Not to mention its incredible power and how well it takes to mods. Hell it made it into the worlds top 10 performance cars. And to the dash rattling and such, not all cars are perfect. **** happens that's why we get it fixed. i have been lucky and have had no issues with the seats or the hood latch. Maybe i have dash rattling but i always have the radio on so i don't hear it. If you haven't yet, go test drive one. That alone should help you make up your mind.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:24 PM

oh dont get me wrong guyss
i am obsessed with the evo x
and i think it is a dream car to sit in or drive and heck i dont mind even just sitting there looking at it i just want feed back from everyone. i kno if/when i buy this car ill be keeping it for a very long time and was just wondering the effects it had on the owners.
just wanted to see if there were any regrets
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:25 PM

Love it and wouldn't trade it for anything around the same price range!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love it more every day.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
I love both my Evos. But I thinking about getting an Audi A4 premium next. Something with a little more trunk space, a little better gas milage for long trips and creature comforts for the passengers w/quattro. I'll keep the X just for me, because I'm stingy like that. I had heartache for selling the VIII but I'm over it.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Love my car...hate Mitsubishi...actually their dealers. There's something to be said about SERVICE especially after paying 60K+ (Cdn). I was at Lexus negotiating a purchase of an ES350 for my friend and found out that Lexus will PICK UP and LEAVE a courtesy car for you to use. Mitsu wouldn't even give me a $@#%'ing courtesy car (cause they "ran out") for an under warranty repair. Oh, and that ES350, yeah, that cost over 10K LESS than I paid for my Evo.

verkion
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by verkion
Love my car...hate Mitsubishi...actually their dealers. There's something to be said about SERVICE especially after paying 60K+ (Cdn). I was at Lexus negotiating a purchase of an ES350 for my friend and found out that Lexus will PICK UP and LEAVE a courtesy car for you to use. Mitsu wouldn't even give me a $@#%'ing courtesy car (cause they "ran out") for an under warranty repair. Oh, and that ES350, yeah, that cost over 10K LESS than I paid for my Evo.

verkion
Welcome to what we knew in the US all along! Well, at least since 2003-2005ish
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

If I could go back a year, I wouldn't change a thing. I traded my VIII w/ 350 whp and never looked back. I love the X more because it's easier to live with everyday while still retaining all of the sports car aspects. Actually, the only regret I have is not waiting long enough to get a 0% financing deal. As far as all of the complaints, the X is no different than the CT9A's. The first year of the VIII (2003) had a bunch of issues. Some weren't ever fixed on later models. Bad synchro's, transfer case issues, clutch issues, the dreaded P0300 CEL, stone chips on the rear quarter panels / wheel well's, dash rattles, pealing calipers, peeling CF clearcoat on the spoiler, issues with water seeping in the cabin fuse box, a recall on a turbo water line, etc...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
By June it's one year for me. 8.5k miles and everyday it gets better and better when you tune into the car. Every mod I add to it just makes it go faster and faster.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd say the x has more defects than all the previous cars i've owned combined...but that was two toyotas and a honda, all of which are known for quality on the cheap, and none of which even broke the 200hp barrier. that said, i'm quite happy with the x overall. it's fast, it doesn't look like a beefed up japanese taxi, and it has auto a/c...on an AWD rally-bred car! imagine that.

Originally Posted by Ltdanish07
and gets looks all the time.
i'm assuming you're gay because it takes that for you to appreciate every guy to drool on your car.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

I can afford lots of cars, but I wouldn't even pay for a Fit to get a Ferrari if I had to give up my Evo.

45,000 miles, a little over 5 years, and I'm still in love.

This weekend I get to be the pace car for a hillclimb in my car. How sweet it is!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:10 PM
Account Disabled

love my car many ups and downs but pays off when its on the track and drag strip
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:07 PM

Exactly 1 year and 1 month today, 18k miles on it, and still loving it
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

only been 5 months, but I enjoy the car as much as I did when I got it