Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

lol parking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by letMeIn
I say Mustang guy is the Smart 1 in this situation. DO you see POS Corolla parked 1 foot away from him ?
No, but to be fair you can't see all keyings its received from parking like that, either. Happens all the time.

Rules for not attracting unwanted attention in a parking lot:
1) Do not park too far away
2) Do not park next to the brand new Maserati (or whatever) who parked all alone. Its driver will not appreciate seeing it huddled next to your "econo-box".
3) Steer clear of cart returns at all costs. Lazy jerks simply fling carts in the direction of the return. If they're everywhere, try to park uphill of them.

and most importantly...

4) Do not take up more than one spot. Someone will eventually use "The Key of Justice" to exact their revenge for this perceived wrong.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was probably more about them parking in the shade but yeah why the very next spot. lol
Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:25 PM
Laz
Evolving Member

The guy who mentioned parking next to someone who won't ding your doors is on to something. If you park next to a car who is trying to prevent a ding, you know your car is safe beside him.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Laz
The guy who mentioned parking next to someone who won't ding your doors is on to something. If you park next to a car who is trying to prevent a ding, you know your car is safe beside him.
... unless he's mad you parked beside him, in which case you could be in trouble.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gizmotoy
No, but to be fair you can't see all keyings its received from parking like that, either. Happens all the time.

Rules for not attracting unwanted attention in a parking lot:
1) Do not park too far away
2) Do not park next to the brand new Maserati (or whatever) who parked all alone. Its driver will not appreciate seeing it huddled next to your "econo-box".
3) Steer clear of cart returns at all costs. Lazy jerks simply fling carts in the direction of the return. If they're everywhere, try to park uphill of them.

and most importantly...

4) Do not take up more than one spot. Someone will eventually use "The Key of Justice" to exact their revenge for this perceived wrong.

I have always parked next to a cart returns.... #1 at least 1 side is going to be dent free #2 nobody ever returns carts to them. I've been doing this since I've been driving, and haven't had 1 dent or ding.

The one ding I do have is when I parked my car out in BFE and some guy ran into it... mind you, his car was his sneakers.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

i usually always park next to an island so theres only one side i can get bumped by a door... or someone infront of me or something.. but if you park in the back its like inviting *******s to park next to you so theres no point..
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:22 PM

I hear you and it happens to me all the time as well!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

LoL I am the SAME exact way. I park ALLLL the way at the end of the lot and my Fiance is like .

A couple of weeks ago we went to the mall and drove her '08 328 Coupe. I parked at the end like usual and when I came out I was like . A wicked white X with Gold TE37s(I think) and slammed parked next to her car. I let it slide

BTW, this was Menlo Park mall in NJ. If the owner of that car sees this, all I have to say is "DAMN, your sh*t looks good as hell".
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Happens all the time to me =/

Sadly it's mostly POS cars, and not other cars that don't want dings =/

What I do nowadays though is park next to an island and be AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to it. That way you have 1ft+ of space next to you.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dimitri13
Happens all the time to me =/

Sadly it's mostly POS cars, and not other cars that don't want dings =/

What I do nowadays though is park next to an island and be AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to it. That way you have 1ft+ of space next to you.
I do the same thing when I can't find a far enough spot by itself.
But what happens when you do that is the person who parkes next to you manages to park ontop of your spot as if on purpose.

Last edited by WWIXMR; Jun 30, 2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

I have an idea... put a cone out when you park your car like the AT&T guy goes.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Laz
im with him, if they know you dont want your doors dinged up, they figure there safe. but no doubt about it, that the mustang is a complete jagoff
Old Jun 30, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

lol so true
Old Jun 30, 2009, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerEVA06
I have always parked next to a cart returns.... #1 at least 1 side is going to be dent free #2 nobody ever returns carts to them. I've been doing this since I've been driving, and haven't had 1 dent or ding.

The one ding I do have is when I parked my car out in BFE and some guy ran into it... mind you, his car was his sneakers.
I don't spend a lot of time at places with cart returns, but I've seen at least two cars who parked next to them get nailed. Both times some lazy jerk got the cart about halfway to the cart return, gave it a big push, and hoped it would go in. It didn't, and slammed into the car next to the return. Now I have no idea how many people around are this lazy, but I'd rather not take the chance.

I can see some logic to it, as you save the cart return's side from dents, but you greatly increase the chance of denting the front/back (depending on how you park), IMO.

Every lot has safe spots, I'd rather just find them.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

lol at the corolla pic!!! I do the same and still get the same as you....

Quick Reply: lol parking