Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

lol parking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping carts are horrible too. I was parked about 100ft away from a return in every direction. A rogue cart came flying towards the evo. Good thing I was checking the tire pressure, so I was able to stop it.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Happens to me all the time. It sucks.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Laz
The guy who mentioned parking next to someone who won't ding your doors is on to something. If you park next to a car who is trying to prevent a ding, you know your car is safe beside him.
if you're referring to me, thanks.

i try to find those spots where the planning of the spots gets messed up towards a corner where there is one huge spot, then i pull close to the one side leaving like 4 feet of room.

btw i had a neon in college that was hit by a grocery cart. it left a nasty mark.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
same things happening to me, i think those ppl doesn`t know how to park so they wanted to park near another car as guidance.
Nope, the probably do it just to **** you off. People with nothing better to do than be a douche...
Old Jul 1, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

omg i know exactly what you mean!
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:10 AM
Account Disabled

I agree that they are probably just losers who do it know it will bother you. Park away from other cars but not too far away so it looks like you aren't trying to avoid *******s. And IMO don't park next to the Maseratis way in the back. Not because they deserve to not have our ****ty cars next to theirs but because driving a Maserati and parking way in the back doesn't mean they won't door ding you. My last car got almost every single one of it's dozen or so door dings parking next to nice *** cars in a back lot at my old work.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

It looks like he figured you parked there for shade and he/she wanted some shade too lol
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:46 AM

Yeah it never fails. Someone always parks next to me.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yeah i hate door dings...

Old Jul 1, 2009, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jamdown
It looks like he figured you parked there for shade and he/she wanted some shade too lol
there were rows pf trees along the entire length of that lot. shade was plenty.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 09:08 AM

Here's an interesting thing that happened to me... I always park away from other cars, and have never seen another car parked next to mine. I figured I would stay ding-free for a long time.

A couple of weeks ago, I was washing the car, and started to scrub some bird poo off the door. When I started to wash the door, I realized that the bird waste was really white paint from where someone had dinged me! Paint's not so bad...it'll rub off. However when I looked down the side of the door, I saw that it was dented! Now, I've got to give $50+ bucks to a dent repair guy becuase some jerk couldn't leave one space between my car and theirs.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

haha nice stories all of you... It happens to me EVERY SINGLE time also, I park far, away from most cars, and some a**wipe has to park his pos ride right next to my brand spanking new ralliart; it just pisses the living crap out of me... seriously the other day I even felt like printing something like this on two letter size papers and put them on both left/right windows:

DON'T PARK NEXT TO ME! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR GOD SAKE!

and I start cursing as loud as I can so if the owner of the car is around, he/she can hear my rant lol

oh and I will ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, have a discussion with my wife when parking, cause I take 5-10 minutes looking for the right spot and she starts telling me "look there's one right here, look you missed that one... look don't go too far away" and my response is always the same:

damnit woman let me drive!!

Last edited by jazket; Jul 1, 2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kajii
Never fails.

lol@mustang, what a douche
ha no kidding. its always mustangs too! I dont have an evo (yet) but i also park my car wayyyy out in the open and always someone pars beside it. its like they want people to see them waling towars to cool car only to get in the *** car
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bradenp
ha no kidding. its always mustangs too! I dont have an evo (yet) but i also park my car wayyyy out in the open and always someone pars beside it. its like they want people to see them waling towars to cool car only to get in the *** car
hahaha! so true!
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

When I see people parking in two spots like that, If im in my pickup, I just park really close to them.

Quick Reply: lol parking