Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

lol parking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know it's funny, when I was younger I used to do the exact same thing.

I would drive to the mall and see some expensive car parked away from everyone and I would park right next to it in my old '77 Celica Liftback or '78 Datsun Hatchback. I usually figured the owner was just some D-bag looking for attention like "look at me I'm soo cool I drive a 'vette". Sure I knew it was a d!ck move, but I was young and I figured one d!ck move deserved another.

Of course it wasn't until later I realized they were just trying to keep their car nice and that it was natural to want to do so. I also realized that I shouldn't give someone a hard time for parking out in BFE, if they are willing to walk the distance then more power to them.

Now of course I realize that the real D-bags are the idiots who park close and take up 2, 3, or 4 parking spaces and/or park in the handicapped spaces (while handicapped people make handicapped faces).

Anyway, I am also very careful about where I park. I try to park away from other cars, but not soo far that my car sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by sith_killer_99; Jul 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
yeah i hate door dings...

LOL funny pic! I almost feel bad for the vette.

I had something similiar happen to me - went to lunch and parked my X among some cars, and an annoying old civic parked so close to my drivers side that I had to climb in from the passenger's. No door dings though.

Imo it doesn't help even if you don't park that far away from everyone else.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 05:28 PM
Former Sponsor

maybe people are generally nice in canada, If you take 2 spots in New York your car will get F-d up. I've even backed into a few in my day.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 07:42 PM

far away but not too far away is key. Parking in new york is like playing Russian roulette, actually driving in new york is like playing Russian roulette but oh well.

Dennis Leary... classic
Old Jul 2, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Nothing surprise me about Mustangs owners behaving anymore, the bad is that they are really unpredictable, so I keep my distance. They live some kind of religion or cult and get really **** of when any other car smokes them.
Photo #1 is a normal reaction after loose vs. an evo X. lol
Old Jul 2, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

i should put a pic up of where i park normally when i go to the mall it takes about 3mins to actually reach the door of the store. and i try to take up as many spaces as possible (almost 4)
Old Jul 2, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WWIXMR
I do the same thing when I can't find a far enough spot by itself.
But what happens when you do that is the person who parkes next to you manages to park ontop of your spot as if on purpose.

that happened to me once at the super market....

I gave the guy's car a shoyuken!!
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dek0026
when i see other guys with nice cars parked deep in the lot i sometimes consider parking up near them because i know they'll respect my car but then i realize they (and I) don't want ANYONE parked near us that's why we park there.
always park next to a car nicer than yours, preferably a nice BMW or MERC,

their car costs more than yours they won't hit it.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe your Evo seduced the Corolla

For real that is one of the great mysteries in life, you can park far away and always some moron will park next to ya. Sometimes it is another nice car looking for protection, or a piece of sh*t with a big *** door lol.

I remember a Duplicolor commerical from years back showing a car parked far away and a piece of sh*t circling it and then pulling in and bam!!!! hitting the door.

http://www.dupli-color.com/TV/DC_ScratchFix.wmv
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WolvieDC
always park next to a car nicer than yours, preferably a nice BMW or MERC,

their car costs more than yours they won't hit it.
I think at least those two brands can be argued against as well. The majority of BMW and Mercedes owners lease, and ultimately care little about the car (they'll just get another one in 2 years!). Sometimes you can pick out the exceptions, but not always.

Ultimately, I think it's better to park next to a car that's well-cared-for, regardless of brand.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

i use to know a guy who carried a 44mm hole saw for anyone that parked too close to him. never found out if karma caught up to him...
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

i always park next to a curb or island, so that theres only one side that can be parked by. but i usually get close enough that they can open their door all the way without hitting my car.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

I ALWAYS park alone far away from others and I still have a bunch of door dings...a couple really bad ones too. I don't get it.

And I hate when I'm out with my friends in my car and they always say "OH park right there!" (referring to a spot close to wherever we are going), and I have to explain to them what I'm trying to avoid, and they still just don't get it..

Then I go out with the same friends again and they're still like "PARKING SPOT RIGHT THERE!"
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
yeah i hate door dings...

wow that sucks

had something like that i parked at the end with pleany of open spots closer in when in came out and ther was cars around me not next to me then when i got tp my door i was like #@#% because some one must of tryed to park so close that they manged to hit my rear fender and just drove off cost like $600 to fix it
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

One time I was at Best Buy, not parked too far away, and there was a car next to me damn close, I started cussing pretty loud, so happens the owner was coming and said who are you referring to, I was like this car that is parked on my ***, so I point out to him and said do you normally park on peoples asses like this??? He was with his wife or GF and few words back and forth he opened his door gently let the girl in and was on his way. no violence, but I am sure happy he decided to back down.

Quick Reply: lol parking