Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derekste
in the end, we're just trying to save you a couple of bucks on something that at best is benign and a waste of money, and at worst is harmful to your motor.

I think the assumption that you don't know what you are doing/might be wasting your money was made because you are asking where to get a vac source from. at that point, many of us took the liberty to let you know that you may be wasting your time and money. don't sweat it
Thanks for your well-worded reply. I see where you are coming from. I'm not new to cars, maintenance, performance, racing, etc. The only thing I know little about are turbo cars. I grew up in a hardcore GM family, and i'm definitely an outcast right now. I'm the only person in my entire family that drives a Japanese car, including aunts uncles, cousins, etc. My first car was a cobalt ss supercharged, which kept my family happy since it was American, but it also got me into the turbo 4 cylinder tuner scene. When I was young, i remember my dad telling me if i ever bought a Japanese car, he wouldn't let me park it in his driveway. Even now when i visit my parents house, there is my mom's 07 CTS sport, my little brother's 6.0L GTO with full boltons and other mods, my bro's winter beater 01 blazer, and my dad's 415hp 6.2L G8 GXP. The cars are all really cool, but there's something about a 4 cylinder forced induction car that appeals to me more than a huge v8. sure the v8's sound better...but bit motors are expected to be fast. small boosted motors surprise people...and I enjoy that. Now...since i'm new to imports, and to turbo systems...i'm just going to have to keep learning. I thank everyone for their input on a vac source i can use...but a pic would still be most helpful. when i look at my engine...i still see dozens of hoses and tubes I can't identify.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Nothing wrong with using it, go at it. Brake booster would be the easiest way to go.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

brake booster is located on the firewall your brake master cylinder bolts to it (big round cyl looking thing) it has a large vac line running to it
brake booster is what provides you power brakes on your car
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:44 PM

how are you gonna say you're not new to cars, performance or racing and then not know what a brake booster is? Then blame it on not knowing turbo cars… FYI a brake booster is on just about every car.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hurdle18
how are you gonna say you're not new to cars, performance or racing and then not know what a brake booster is? Then blame it on not knowing turbo carsÂ… FYI a brake booster is on just about every car.
How are you gonna act like you're not new to forums? This thread is SIX YEARS OLD!!!!!