Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I found this in the morning...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys, venting here makes me feel better.

to answer some questions, I don't have a driveway or garage where i live, (i rent, and landlord won't rent me his garage or driveway), I have to look for parking spots on my block so setting up cameras and all won't help if i can't park right in front of my house.

my sister's house is far enough, a different borough and the evo is parked all the way inside blocked off by a family van and a suv.

And I think someone followed me home or somthing cuz I doubted is some1 from that neighborhood. One thing though, the day before the break in I went to a shop to install my SS breaklines, I don't think it has to do with them cuz I have known the owner and 1 of the lead mechanic since way back. At least i hope they have nothing to do with it.

And yes I am going to buy a metal baseball bat tomorrow.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EC'sEvoX
holy sh*t! that's messed up. sorry about that man. hope the cops catch whoever did that to your ride.

I doubt that, they didn't even dust for finger prints, just came like 30 minutes after I called 911, and then wrote down my info and what happened and told me I can pick up the police report 2 days later...drove off...

Not to be flaming cops and all cuz my friend is one, but NYPD really is nothing but gangsters with a license to do so, they will give u a ticket in a split second or if your drop off your girl at a no standing zone (comes up to you without u knowing)... but when it comes to catching bad guys and actually serving the community, they are as good as sh*t.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Damn what a sad sight..... will your insurance take care of this vandalism? what kind of alarm do you have? also, it's really hard to say about where to park your car since it's outdoors and not in a garage. Glad they didn't take the whole car.... and the person who went in and tried stealing your nav/radio was def. was scared off by alarm or someone... that person prolly scoped out the car once or twice before so be very diligent about keeping an eye out.... sorry man.. If this shi#t ever happened (knock on wood) i will be looking for bloody redrum!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

fkn thieves. i hate them losers.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks dude, but not to sound like a d-bag next time your alarm goes off you should check. I know if I heard mine going off I would go take a look at the car inside and out just to be safe. You can't trust anyone....... ANYONE.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

what neighborhood was this? it'd help others with evos to know what can happen around those parts...
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
come out next time with a bat? idk i think ur s.o.l
I would walk out there with my AK and blow his freaking head off. I hate people like that. Thank god he didn't get your stuff.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Move to Texas, I wish that someone would come to my home. Theres gonna be a ar 6.8 pushing thier brains onto my lawn if I see them....And as for the police thats not just the NYPD thats everywhere.
If you do have your own garage or plan on buying a house w/ one Brinks will arm that for you as well.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Rely on your alarm. Adjust it so it doesn't give false trips.

Next time it goes off shine a spotlight or quad-D flashlight down at the car. If the thief new someone was awake he would have bailed. You failed by not believing your alarm because it wasn't adjusted properly.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Odds are the guy ran and was gone before you checked on the car. The typical stereo thief is a 14-16 yr old and not very smart (they would do something more lucrative if they were).
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, that guy sucks at being a thief. Good for you though.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

why have an alarm if you don't actually go check on your car when it's ringing....
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this makes me sick to my stomach. Sorry to hear bud.

-Cisco
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Yes I need to ajust the damn thing. But the thing is, alarm ringing will protect my interior, but if it rings, that means I still have a broken window....

Thought about purchasing all the scratch resistant lexen windows from ams, they should not break, but then again, they coxt a fortune and not road legal. God forbid if I even get into a bad accident (knock on wood), and for any reason the fiire fighters need to break the window for whatever reason (save my as*), they can't do so....
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

ok your alarm goes off in the middle of the night. you go out to your car but don't survey it, you just disarm the alarm. you then go back to sleep. you wake up hours later to find out the car had in fact been broken into. now the person who did it is long gone. now you want to blame the cops because all they did was take a report. what more do you want them to do? believe it or not cars are not a good source for finger prints. unless your car was just washed it probably has the finger prints of all your friends the person who dried your car at the car wash. and anybody in the city who leaned on or touched your car as they cross the street. i feel your pain i would be pissed if it happened to me and it has. but that's the chance we take when we have desirable thing and have to park them in undesirable places.

Quick Reply: I found this in the morning...