Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I found this in the morning...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
life, things like this will happen, and the good news is insurance will cover it. Bad news is usually a deductible will be involved.

I just installed a pioneer nav unit, and I am factory alarmed. So i believe that means unless they try to open the door, my alarm wont go off, no shock sensor.

I pray to god, that nothing like this happens to me as it would suck very bad. I did have someone break into my chevy cobalt and steal my radar detector I left hanging in the window. Since the radar and the cost of the window was less than 300, I just fixed it out of pocket.

dunno what the estimated damage in those pictures is, but I would try to get the HU replaced, and then your golden.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:46 PM

I highly doubt the fire fighters would give up at the windows if you where trapped in a fire. Same goes for a thief if he sees something he wants. I have navi too in my GTS, i live near Chicago and stayed at a buddys house over night, parked my baby in the road next to a bunch of beaters and didnt sleep a wink, ended up leaving at 4 in the morning cause I couldn't sit by the window anymore. Sorry to hear about it though man. If he comes back, waste his a**.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

You should always check your car even if the alarm goes off for a loud car. I have heard of guys using a loud car to get the alarm to go off. Then when the owners shuts it off they get in, then its all over from there. I would get a motion detector on the inside of the car and a glass sensor. This way your alarm can let you know if it is a loud car or someone is inside. I had my car with all the bells and whistles an alarm can have. I never had a problem but it was expensive as ****. Sorry to hear and see this happened to you, hopefully you get it fixed ASAP.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boosted2x2
ok your alarm goes off in the middle of the night. you go out to your car but don't survey it, you just disarm the alarm. you then go back to sleep. you wake up hours later to find out the car had in fact been broken into. now the person who did it is long gone. now you want to blame the cops because all they did was take a report. what more do you want them to do? believe it or not cars are not a good source for finger prints. unless your car was just washed it probably has the finger prints of all your friends the person who dried your car at the car wash. and anybody in the city who leaned on or touched your car as they cross the street. i feel your pain i would be pissed if it happened to me and it has. but that's the chance we take when we have desirable thing and have to park them in undesirable places.
I am not blaming the cops, didn't expect them to be able to prevent this. And i know even if they did do something afterwards, chances are they won't ever catch the guy, I just called them hoping that if I report this and maybe, maybe if someone in the neighborhood had similar problems then they might enroute a patrol car to drive by at night or something. I dont know how that works...

Just venting, they seem to be very good at catching you if your inspection had passed, (I mean, they literally have to get off their car and walk up to your wind shield to see this, and yet I got this ticket sometime in the past), or if you park at the bus stop for 2 seconds to drop your mom off at the MD office, or you meter had expired 2 minutes before you can run your a** to it, and lazer guns, anti lazer gun jammers and training so that they can tell by their judgement that u are speeding.... Why are they so good at things thats against the people who pay taxes and their salary and doing so little for the same people.

I just didn't expect this to happen around my area thats all, and yes I was careless and I learned my lesson. But seriously, I know how you all say that you would waste his a**, shoot them, kill them, break their bones, etc. I would say the same too b/c I am so f***ing angry when I see my car get messed up like that. But if I take a weapon or something and sees him face to face, and out of anger I really did hurt him, then I would be the one that gets locked up by the guys in blue. Or even worst, he might be process a better weapon and beat my a** up.... I am no bruce lee man.

Right now I am just stuck at trying to figure out how to prevent this from happening so that I can drive my car again. Oh and for all you guy in brooklyn, I live in dyker height area, if you live close by be on the lookout.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:04 PM
AMF

Might want to look into this stuff;

Car Vandalism Surveillance Camera

http://www.eyespypro.com/categories/...llance-Camera/

Don't know how effective it is, sounds promising..

"This car vandalism solution is fully self contained with an internal DVR that you download to your computer with a USB cable. It is equipped with USB rechargeable battery power for up to 8 hours of run time. The camera has 480 lines of resolution and 1.0 lux so you will get clear video during the day and decent video in lit areas."
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:29 PM
AMF

[QUOTE I am thinking renting a garage on my block but no one is offering, [/QUOTE]

I lived in NYC for 13yrs and always managed to find garage for rent from Brooklyn to Flushing. You just gotta go around and ask even if it's 3 blocks away. If you live near co-ops, you can try asking those Superintendent.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Damn bro i hate seein sh*t liek that!I remember a few months ago my civic ive been buildin for 7 years was finally broken into.Its like after all this tiem they finally do it.Alot of my friends that live in my neighborhood said u cant have a hatch in my area w/o it being broken into.Which is slighty true since many ppls civic here do get broken into/stolen.I thought i was safe becuz every1 here knows me plus im cool with every1 and a dotn show off,but i guess i was wrong.So for my Civic and Evo i bought me a lil something so the next time my alarm goes off I wont just get up look and ignore hit...I got a lil something waitin for them now
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks bro. I guess I take for granted that I can just leave my car in front of my house with the keys in it and not worry about people trying to jack it...although I do keep my evo in my garage, just in case.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

problem solved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S08x9...eature=related

you can now park anywhere
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

I'd worry about the guy coming back. I had my Civic parked right outside in my driveway and someone smashed the window at 3am and took off when the alarm went off. I fixed the window and thought the guy wouldn't bother coming back. Exactly one week later, he came back at the same time. He cut my grill to pop the hood. The alarm went off again and he took off. I ended up parking my car at my friends house in the boonies. It was my autox car so I didn't drive it often.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

i had my house broken into, then a week later my Lightning... so i went to the twp got a gun lic. and a gun. now if i catch someone in my car on my drive way... its on! oh and slomans shield for when im not home... which went off twice already
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

damn, sorry to hear that.

Only other option I could think but not 100% is to get a pretty tough car cover (preferably hot pink or white) with locking cables on the bottom.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

I lived in Newark NJ for awhile before i moved to the burbs. Had my 95 Acura Legend Coupe stolen by a tow truck...later found in pieces at a junk yard with the engine wrapped in saran wrap waiting to be shipped off b4 the cops raided the place. Bought another Legend coupe and parked in underground "secure" parking, car thief broke my window and failed at stealing the car after finding out i had this crazy auto theft system that required another key, screwdriver was left on the seat. Then i leased a G35 coupe...autolock, club, and alarm system..idiots broke into my car after putting a golfball sized hole in the door lock, found out there was an autolock on the car and preceded to steal my neighbors car. After my lease was up, i decided NEVER to buy another nice car while living in the city. I had a beater civic Si coupe 95. Was in great condition, no mods or sound system....that car was broken into at least 5 times, but no door damage or broken windows..they would just break into the car go through all my stuff looking for auto lock keys and leave it alone. Its VERY hard to protect your car when u live in a highrise building and your car is parked underground. I moved to the burbs, bought an EVO and dont lose any sleep now. I still put an autolock on my car and still have my wheel lock in the trunk for when i go visit my late night friend in the Bronx. Im scared to go to the Bronx now after seeing them trying to get your headunit.

By the way, they will be back. Take that headunit out man, put ya factory back in or get one with a removable faceplate. Only thing that stopped car thieves from trying to take my car was one of those wheellocks, and having a removable faceplate on my radio. Didnt have any problems after that...its the negatives of living in the city.

Last edited by poof101; Feb 22, 2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

sorry man that sucks hope i never have to deal with that ****.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this has always been in the back of my mind and i don't know if this is possible or against the rules but has anybody ever tried renting at those storage places? can you fit a car in there and/or permitted to. just a thought if you're looking for a "garage."

edit: nevermind i never realized that they were just 5' by 5' units. they always looked like garages from the street.

Last edited by dek0026; Feb 23, 2010 at 05:52 AM.

Quick Reply: I found this in the morning...