Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Another IX Convert

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another IX Convert

Well I got rid of the IX and got a X this weekend. I held out as long as I could, and it was a total impulse buy. I hadn't even driven one until I took this one for a spin. Kinda stinks though cause I just did my 45K maintenance (according to my schedule) last week. Oh well, someone else's gain.

My first impression: the X is ugly, but then again so is the IX. Alright, so I really don't think they're all that ugly. The X has a much more comfortable stock clutch, a real leg saver in stop-and-go traffic. The steering seems looser but more precise. What I mean is that it is easier to predict the outcome of steering wheel movements. People complain about the interior, but I think it looks better than my IX did. Both the front and rear seats have more cushioning, perhaps a Mitsu attempt at a little more luxurious feel. I also think the cabin is quieter than I remember the stock IX being. It's obvious that the crowd Mitsu was trying to capture was the late 20's early 30's VIII and IX drivers who are now married and may have a young (small) family.

I knew almost everything about my IX and almost nothing about the X, but I'm a fast learner. Aside from a couple horror stories that I've seen, the 4B11 seems like a solid platform, proven over the last few years. If you got 'em, comments and advice are welcome. I'll probably lurk around here and post meaningless things from time to time, like this post.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At least youre happy! Eventho you still seem like you're questioning having gotten rid of your IX lol

You couldnt pay me to get into a X. Maybe when Im 35 and my knees and back are wrecked

Last edited by Svendiesel; Jun 7, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Welcome to the convert crew!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boooo! lol What color is the X?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
Welcome to the convert crew!
Thanks, same to you.

I thought about going from white to white, like you. But I decided to do silver.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
At least youre happy! Eventho you still seem like you're questioning having gotten rid of your IX lol

You couldnt pay me to get into a X. Maybe when Im 35 and my knees and back are wrecked
Yeah I'm happy. But I saw my old one at the dealer today when I stopped in. I hadn't detailed it in awhile and it looked sharp after they cleaned it up. Soon there'll be another IX guy or girl joining the ranks, cause it's not gonna sit for long.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the new pick up!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

congrats on the new car, get a tune and the x will feel similar to your ix
Old Jun 7, 2010, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Amen!!!!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 06:59 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

1.Hater.
A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person. Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

I don't understand why people feel they need to pipe up and continue this X is lesser of an Evo thing. There was nothing like it when Mitsu went to the 7-9's... why now, because the whole thing was redesigned? It isn't like the new motor or the car in itself is letting anyone down, they are holding up just fine (unless you let Big Valley touch your car) and performing pretty good in all forms of racing... even with a heavier car and an aluminum block
Old Jun 7, 2010, 07:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
I was thinking about this yesterday.

my conclusion - X = a MUCH better daily drive, IX = a BIT better track drive

since I spend 99% of my time daily driving..... ....
Old Jun 7, 2010, 11:38 PM

Welcome to the X club!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the X. I'll be joining the convert crew soon I hope. It'll be an upgrade imo. Since MOST of us DD and spirit runs. The HKS Evo X is very inspirational. I predict it'll break the previous model record if not now.....the future.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats OP, if you dont love it right now, your going to. I was hesitant at first, i wanted a 9 before getting a X, but after a while, it started to grow more and more.

Hey, at least you can get a crazy wheel offset now when it wasnt possible on the 9's! suck on that 8 and 9 fanbois

Quick Reply: Another IX Convert