Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

question regarding to resetting service reminder

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question regarding to resetting service reminder

i just had my service done today. after which i was able to reset the server reminder to 4500 miles until next service, but the time didn't reset, it still shows 1 month to next service. anyone knows why?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
anyone knows why?
Cuz mitsu has a strange sense of logic and/or can't program for crap

Did my 1st change at 5-months / 2400-miles, then reset it. The reminder then stated 5-months / 7400-miles til next service - which kinda contradicts their 5-months / 5000-miles "whichever comes first", since at 5-months I'd be fine, but possibly 2400 miles over the 5000 mile limit.

Whatever you do, I don't recommend changing the advanced NAS interval settings, cuz none of the other settings seem to correct the off intervals.

Maybe try resetting it a 2nd time?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AFD
Cuz mitsu has a strange sense of logic and/or can't program for crap

Did my 1st change at 5-months / 2400-miles, then reset it. The reminder then stated 5-months / 7400-miles til next service - which kinda contradicts their 5-months / 5000-miles "whichever comes first", since at 5-months I'd be fine, but possibly 2400 miles over the 5000 mile limit.

Whatever you do, I don't recommend changing the advanced NAS interval settings, cuz none of the other settings seem to correct the off intervals.

Maybe try resetting it a 2nd time?

well, i did it again, and this time it shows 9000 miles or 1 month go to. i gave up. as long as i remember in my head when to change oil.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:05 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
well, i did it again, and this time it shows 9000 miles or 1 month go to. i gave up. as long as i remember in my head when to change oil.
Hmmm.. reset it a 3rd time and you should cycle back to 4500.

Or.. you could also try entering the advanced NAS interval setup and change it from say NAS11 (or whatever's default) to NAS20, and back to NAS11 again.. although I think you'll still need to do a normal reset afterward.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AFD
Hmmm.. reset it a 3rd time and you should cycle back to 4500.

Or.. you could also try entering the advanced NAS interval setup and change it from say NAS11 (or whatever's default) to NAS20, and back to NAS11 again.. although I think you'll still need to do a normal reset afterward.
what is the advanced NAS interval setup? i couldn't find anything on it in the manual.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:04 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

It's really an odd procedure.. kinda like entering the konami code into your nintendo, lol. The "how to cancel the service reminder warning" is what you've already done, and "how to set the schedule" allows you to select the NAS interval. From page 54A-99 & 54A-100 of book GR00006400-54A of the service manual..

HOW TO CANCEL THE SERVICE REMINDER WARNING

CAUTION
• Be careful not to execute the service reminder warning cancellation by operating the switch again after erasing the service reminder warning indicator which is currently output, because the next warning period will be cancelled.
• If the next warning period is cancelled by mistake, the cancelled warning period can be restored by setting a schedule different from the current one once, and then returning it to the previous schedule.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position.
2. By operating the multi information meter switch, the warning period is displayed on the multi information display.
3. Press the multi information meter switch once for 1.2 seconds or longer.
4. The service reminder indicator flashes.
5. While the service reminder indicator flashes, press the multi information meter switch once for less than 1.2 seconds.
6. The service reminder indicator is turned ON, and "CLEAR" is displayed on the multi information display for 3 seconds.
7. After "CLEAR" is displayed for 3 seconds, the warning period to the next time is displayed.

HOW TO SET THE SCHEDULE

1. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position.
2. By operating the multi information meter switch, the warning period is displayed on the multi information display.
3. Press the multi information meter switch once for 1.2 seconds or longer.
4. The service reminder indicator flashes.
5. While the service reminder indicator flashes, press the multi information meter switch for 1.2 seconds or longer and 3 times consecutively.
6. The service reminder indicator is turned ON, and the current schedule is displayed on the multi information display.
7. While the current schedule is displayed, press the multi information meter switch for less than 1.2 seconds and 3 times consecutively.
8. The multi information display is shifted to the schedule selection mode.
9. When the multi information meter switch is pressed for less than 1.2 seconds, the schedule is shifted, and when the multi information meter switch is pressed for 1.2 seconds or longer, the displayed schedule is set.

NOTE: For schedule, "JPN", "GCC", "EU" and "AUS" can also be selected. However, the setting shall be for "NAS" only.

10.The schedule set in Step 9 is displayed for 3 seconds, and the warning period to the next time is displayed.
And according to the service manual NAS20 is the "initial setting" for 5-months/5000-miles.. although, I could've sworn that mine 1st came up as NAS11 (3-months/3750-miles).

Anyway, if it helps.. when I 1st cleared my reminder, it came up with a next service date that was way off, like yours was. I then entered the NAS/schedule selection screen and cycled through the choices and selected a different interval and set it.. then I re-entered the same screen and set the interval back to what it originally was. Then I did the "clear" procedure 3 times, and that result was about the only one that was anywhere close to being correct (showed 5-months/5000-miles plus the remainder of miles I hadn't used from the previous interval).

Or.. next time you're near a dealer, ask them to reset it for you. They have a special scan tool for the job, lol.

Good luck!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

I reset it, but I ignore it and use the NAV to track everything.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:35 AM

Fsm

where did you get the FSM from?
i need one for my 09 GTS

thank you!!!!!

Originally Posted by AFD
It's really an odd procedure.. kinda like entering the konami code into your nintendo, lol. The "how to cancel the service reminder warning" is what you've already done, and "how to set the schedule" allows you to select the NAS interval. From page 54A-99 & 54A-100 of book GR00006400-54A of the service manual..

And according to the service manual NAS20 is the "initial setting" for 5-months/5000-miles.. although, I could've sworn that mine 1st came up as NAS11 (3-months/3750-miles).

Anyway, if it helps.. when I 1st cleared my reminder, it came up with a next service date that was way off, like yours was. I then entered the NAS/schedule selection screen and cycled through the choices and selected a different interval and set it.. then I re-entered the same screen and set the interval back to what it originally was. Then I did the "clear" procedure 3 times, and that result was about the only one that was anywhere close to being correct (showed 5-months/5000-miles plus the remainder of miles I hadn't used from the previous interval).

Or.. next time you're near a dealer, ask them to reset it for you. They have a special scan tool for the job, lol.

Good luck!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 01:18 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by norcalrep707
where did you get the FSM from?
i need one for my 09 GTS
The PDF service manual?

Dunno where it originally came from.. the RS link came from another thread here.

Wish I could help ya, cuz the service manual is extremely helpful for just about anything. I'd imagine that some of the info in Evo X manual is common with the '08+ Lancers as well, though.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 09:45 AM

glad I saw this my light just came on