Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Winter Preparation? (Rust protection)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Winter Preparation? (Rust protection)

Do you guys do anything special to your car for Winter? Like for example... do you guys get your car rust-proofed?

I'm debating whether I should or not. I rust proofed my previous car... and even tho the car was 10 years old when I sold it... it didn't have any rust on it. Thing is tho... it made the car an oily mess... and even during the summer of the following year... you'd see black oil seeping out of the seems of the car.

I'm wondering if I should do some form of rust-proofing to the car. I plan on keeping it for a while and don't want it to rust... but then again I'm thinking to myself that you don't really see cars rusted out these days.

So do you guys do anything to prevent rust? Or any other prep for winter?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you live in Canada, I would recommend Krown rust control! I moved to the States from Nova Scotia and I have used Krown and there is no substitute (well maybe "rust-check").

Last edited by modvp; Oct 31, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

The only problem with rust proofing your evo is all the weight it will add. I am through several Northern Ohio winters (tons of salt) and have seen no ill effects except on my stock exhaust but that is long gone now.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by dboz
The only problem with rust proofing your evo is all the weight it will add. I am through several Northern Ohio winters (tons of salt) and have seen no ill effects except on my stock exhaust but that is long gone now.
You have an 08'...

I'm interested to see if anyone has proof that the rust proofing really helps. Rust makes me so sad and my 96 civic started rusting in like 05'.