Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

bad experience today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad experience today

**Dammit i spelled experience wrong in the title lol**

Hey guys so id thought id share my bad experience today with my evo x, which i only got a month ago brand new. So i went to the bank and after i got out and went out to start my car, the damn key switch wouldn't turn, it was literally stuck!!I got keyless entry btw. I did everything i could and i got mad because this car is brand new and it gives me these problems already, especially on a day i had work! I had to call Mitsubishi roadside assistance, they were great help btw but i had to wait by my car for about an hour an a half. After waiting i got mad and just tried turning the key switch by force and i finally manged to turn the car on, idk why the key was stuck but i even tried the physical key and nothing. I just wanna know if any one else has had this happen to them?. When i called Mitsubishi they said they didnt know why the key switch was stuck but they said it could of been something to do with the smartkey, idk??

sorry for the rant guys

But even tho i had this experience i still love my evoX

Last edited by sonic_evox; Apr 7, 2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Thats a new issue I haven't heard of. Take it to a dealership and see if they can't find any issues with it.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

On my day off im sure to go, the mitsu rep i talked to said to take it in to be looked at
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Hopefully they can figure out why that happened. I know its always frustrating to have issues with a new car.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 01:05 AM
Evolving Member

Lol was your steering wheel locked in place? When the car is off the steering wheel will lock when turned in a certain position. Next time try pull the wheel to the left or right then turn the key. I know this sounds stupid, but believe it or not, I've seen many people make this mistake.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 01:14 AM
ob5

^ can see this happening
Old Apr 7, 2011, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WickedIXMR
Lol was your steering wheel locked in place? When the car is off the steering wheel will lock when turned in a certain position. Next time try pull the wheel to the left or right then turn the key. I know this sounds stupid, but believe it or not, I've seen many people make this mistake.
Lol i know that was the first thing that came to mind and i tried doing it but noting the key switch wouldnt turn
Old Apr 7, 2011, 02:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lankid23
Lol i know that was the first thing that came to mind and i tried doing it but noting the key switch wouldnt turn
Damn that sucks. Are you pulling the steering wheel to the left and holding it while turning the key? Or pulling the wheel to the righ and holding it while turning the key? If thats not it then that really sucks to happen on a brand new car.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 04:04 AM
Evolving Member

Well when you get it checked out and if they're able to figure out what the issue was, let us know. It might come in handy or help someone else out if they have the issue. Hopefully its something very small.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Happened to me the other day, started freaking out until my buddy said turn the wheel so its not locked...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

..plz tell me you turned the wheel first before turning the key....that happens with any car
Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

That use to happen to my Ralliart when i had it and had the remote start. I noticed the wheel would lock up n couldnt start the car. Then i noticed if u just start the car with the steering wheel being in an akward position it will be fine. But if its in a weird position turned crazy n u touch it, it would lock up n couldnt start the car
Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sharkm87
..plz tell me you turned the wheel first before turning the key....that happens with any car
+1
Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:08 AM

That better not happen to me!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StephaniEVO
That better not happen to me!
I hope it does >=]

Quick Reply: bad experience today