Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

yes or no... sunroof and leather package

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get what ever you like, when people say not to get it cause to save weight lol thats a joke people make me sick like if there wrc drivers, they go to track few times a year and they think there champs. If you are a hard core race car driver then this thread is nonsense, then you defenitly dont get no options what so ever. Like i said before i didnt get it cause i dont like it and yes defenitly get the sight and sound cause everytime you get in to car you want to listen to clean clear music not that bull**** stock system that comes with car and at night you want the real deal xenon not no ebay kit. For navi thats up to you, i got it cause i hate mounting those gps's on the window.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

I get what you guys are saying about the weight not being a big deal, but really it's not a joke. You are replacing an aluminum roof with a steel roof, and inserting a harness and motors on top of the car. It's a perfect storm of weight gain in the worst area of a car to gain weight. Have you tried driving a car with a roof rack with and without a pair of bikes?

It really does change the handling/dynamics of the car in a non-trivial way and you don't need to be a rally driver to notice. I'm not saying it's huge, but if you are never going to use it, why bother?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:17 PM

I was a civic guy for a long, long time. and the power to weight ratio thing was all people cared about in the mid 90s. this is what ive learned in my time in imports. luxuries are just that, luxuries, chances are ur NOT picking up an evo x to make it a straight drag/auto x car. but even if u were, its not like ur adding the weight to a car that u have perfectly tuned to the track, so u have to learn this car anyways, so u'll never notice the difference. so it adds more weight, make more power. IMO I would rather have to put more into making power than lose my sunroof and leather seats. yes leather seats get hot in the summer and cold in the winter, but if u are debating a 40,000 car, im pretty sure u have somewhere to put it. I have both an 8 and 10 ssl, cleaning is simple, my 8's seats are just now showing wear and they have 90000 miles in them. get the car u want bro, then build around that. u'll never be happy building a car around everyone elses opinions.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Base ftmfw
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rotten Egg
get the car u want bro, then build around that. u'll never be happy building a car around everyone elses opinions.
Yup, that pretty much sums it all up right there.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rotten Egg
get the car u want bro, then build around that. u'll never be happy building a car around everyone elses opinions.
I agree with this as well i was just enjoy seeing different opinions and like to pick peoples brains about certain topics.

Im most defiantly going with SS+SL packages with my 2011... I enjoy the leather seats in all my other cars and since my scion was totaled i miss the moonroof in that so i guess i'm paying homage to my very first car in that respect

Anyway keep debating about the topic i enjoy reading everyones input
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:14 PM

Get what makes you happy cause I would hate to spend that kind of money and not be happy with what I got
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WoodsRacer349
Get what makes you happy cause I would hate to spend that kind of money and not be happy with what I got
yup... it was a choice between a car with the SS+SL package or a car with just the navigation package... im gonna go with the first one... and i figure i can get a much better head unit + amp for 1/2 the price.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:39 AM

i definatly think it would be a mistake to buy one without a sunroof. To me it makes the car more fun to drive.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:58 AM

The choice is all going to depend on whether you plan on tracking the car or not.
Track - no sunroof/no leather
No tracking - go all out!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:05 PM

^ I agree
Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BRracing
The choice is all going to depend on whether you plan on tracking the car or not.
Track - no sunroof/no leather
No tracking - go all out!
I do plan on taking the car to the track but nothing serious... just probably take it to E-town and check my 1/4 mile times and then do some local auto cross events with the SCCA at nassau coliseum.... i also have a build set up with just bolt ons and a tune, hoping to make around 400whp but iill be happy with mid 300s

Like i said nothing serious
Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:09 PM

What every floats you boat...do what make you happy and the car happy....just don't slapping some odd *** **** on it, like things you find at a flea market
Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by leonhks
just don't slapping some odd *** **** on it, like things you find at a flea market
lol don't worry i aint no honda boy... never owned on never will lol
Old Jun 9, 2011, 08:59 PM

I got the SL package..I need my sunroof and the leather recaro's look sick

Quick Reply: yes or no... sunroof and leather package